• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition lead separators

cassanth

Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am building my new motor, 440 of course, and wanted to know what everyone is using for plug lead separators. I want something that is going to look good, but is functional as well. My problem is my car is running 2 inch TTI headers that I plan on keeping, but these are the ones where the pipe from 1&2 go high over the next two outlets. This means my leads need to sit high over this pipe. Would love to see pics of what others are using, maybe with info on where you got them. Thanks.

I'm using Dougs 2" headers with generic wire separators but, I also have plug boot insulators.
Mike
IMG_0752.JPG

20180806_075658.jpg
20180806_075915.jpg
One zip tie loosely around the wire you want to gather. Then use a small zip tie 90 degrees to the first large one between each pair of wires in that group. Once the small ones are snug they will keep all the wires seperate nicely. It'll take a time or two until you get the hang of how much to tighten the first large zip tie. Arange it so the the cut off ends are at the bottom.
Doug

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back