• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing GTX hood scoops on my 67 Satellite. Do these holes in the hood lineup with the hood scoops from the factory or are they not correlated?

tonyp25

Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
So I bought these hood scoops from vans auto and noticed my Satellite hood has a few holes in it that look like they line up with the hood scoops. Just wondering if that’s actually the case before I drill through or if it’s just a coincidence. I did see a black GTX recently (photo below) and it looked like the guy only had two screws holding on the scoop.

The drawings and hood with holes were uploaded by members here and I was using them slightly as a template.

IMG_9561.jpeg

IMG_9560.jpeg

IMG_9241.jpeg

IMG_9242.jpeg

IMG_9216.jpeg

That is why the holes are there, to install the nuts on the studs for GTX Scoops. And it's not just the two in the back, all 6 of those access holes are for the scoops.

1966 hoods don't have those holes.

image.jpg

E8A34AA5-4FC3-4054-A7BA-A624B2F50BFC.jpeg

Last edited:
There is some good measurements on here if you search around. I drilled my Belvedere for a scoop last summer.

There is some good measurements on here if you search around. I drilled my Belvedere for a scoop last summer.
Thanks I’ve been looking and found some. I just figured that if those holes are for the scoops I could just drill through the underside to the top. Unless I still should measure it out or if drill from the underside causes more damage.

I don't know how spot on those underside holes are, they are bigger so a socket can go onto the nuts.

The rear holes are more exact, the round base on the scoop pilots into the holes in the top of the hood.

I wouldn't drill the holes nilly willy though the hood, otherwise you will be hoging them out after the fact to get the scoops straight. I added those scoops to my Duster years ago, and found measurements somewhere on the web.

Auto Transport Service
Back