• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Instrument cluster face plate.

696pack

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Instrument cluster face plate.

Can you remove this from the dash with the rest of it in the car or do you have to remove the entire cluster to get it off? Some of the silvering is chipped around the gauge pods. The silvering on the sides is poor also. What is the paint used for this silvering?

The gauges come out with it as one piece but can be separated after removal. The "silvering" is supposed to be chrome, as it came from the factory. New repros are available or some people paint them with silver or chrome paint.

Just did mine....

Attachments

• c8.jpg
    c8.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 362
I have never had good luck with "chrome" paint....I may pull the cluster out of the black 66 and paint it black....car is never going to be stock again, at least this one.....the cream one will try and stay as stock as possible

Bryan

Does anyone have the little valcanos in the center of each pod?

They don't repop them as far as I know, but if you watch ebay you may be able to find a beat up cluster with good ones...

Those center pieces would be a good project for anyone with a 3-D printer.

I have some extra volcanoes.How many do you need?I bought a 66 gauge cluster on ebay just to have an extra one.The current one on the 66 Charger has 3 out of 4 and I wouldn't have a problem getting them to you since a couple of the gauges have slight cracks in them anyway.I was just going to order all brand new lenses and everything anyway.Nice job on the paint piwo440.

I have some extra volcanoes.How many do you need?I bought a 66 gauge cluster on ebay just to have an extra one.The current one on the 66 Charger has 3 out of 4 and I wouldn't have a problem getting them to you since a couple of the gauges have slight cracks in them anyway.I was just going to order all brand new lenses and everything anyway.Nice job on the paint piwo440.

I need 4 of them but will take what I can get as necessary. I will PM you.

Auto Transport Service
Back