• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Instrument panel foam

Vanderstel

Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
I have my instrument panel apart and I noticed there is small foam pads around the light nacelles, not sure what to call them. But the two green turn signal lenses have small pieces of foam surrounding the nacelle. Can these be purchased? Or do I just make my own?

Looks like attached photo

IMG_8054.jpg

Last edited:
Check with Jim at Detroit Muscle Technologies. He makes a lot of foam gaskets for our cars.
Pretty common issue when rebuilding instrument clusters.

The use of that foam is pretty much to isolate the light source (turnings or any other pilot light) from the cluster lighting around (and backwards) once it meets the gauges faces, filling the gap. So still if DMT doesn’t have these being reproduced exactly for your application, just get any kind of foam you have around and cut to fit.

There are even single side foam tapes that could be available on the required size (thick and wideness), which makes the job even easier.

dondo-epdm.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back