• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iola

Detective D

Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
So,
Didn't anyone go? Am I really the first thread this year?

I just got back. It was FULL this year, I mean the whole front lot they ran out of space and people did walmart parking lot style laps on the field trying to find a place to pull in. I haven't seen so many cars in may years now.
Only 83 out at noon today too. Except for the humidity being at brazilian rainforest level because of the non stop rain this year, it was very nice out, a gorgeous morning. Followed a Model A(for like half a mile) and a Studebaker Lark for about a mile down 161 this morning, the Studebakers made a great showing this year! Last couple years the club wasn't around much.

Overall it was a big show with a huge turnout on a fantastic morning.

I did notice a lot more, well, not so great condition cars and trucks in the field. But looking at the owners, they are of the generation my son is in, so really it doesn't bother me at all. Glad to see that generation getting into car culture. A 25 year old was pulling into the back gate on the field as i was walking the end of one row in a 66 Bonneville, nice a clean, no rust, original paint looked like, bit of a bumper bender on the driver rear quarter but huge smile on his face. He went down a row and pulled in. IMO, the show is so damn big there is room for the youngsters and their proud projects :) Besides, for every one like that there is a dozen pristine amazing cars to look at. I took my son and my daughter's very serious boyfriend who had never been and we had a blast looking at auto history today.

Nope, way to freaken' far away from here...

:xscuseless:

This was cool - Chrysler Display

IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_0574.jpeg

IMG_0575.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg

IMG_0582.jpeg

Couple more - Very cool , like I could have sat in there all day , A/C Cool - Was very well done and beautiful - Lot of new buildings and work getting done at Iola - Toy Barn is turned into the Hog Barn - Harley’s and music , drinks - They added an outdoor sitting bar gathering picnic tables drinking area called the Oasis along side the East Side wooded area

So much to see , my legs feel like wet noodles - Drove my 71 BEE there today - Beautiful Beautiful perfect day honestly - Great Cruise

IMG_0584.jpeg

IMG_0583.jpeg

Last edited:
The buildings really are a great addition. Used to just be the one big room where they put some of the movie cars. Now they have really added more to it, and it is really a nice way to keep looking while taking a break from the sun in between.
We looked over the whole front end on the black top and then went through the building right adjacent to cool off. The model train room was PACKED with kids, I bet most of them didn't know that hobby existed outside of their Thomas the train shows lol. Smiles ear to ear all around. Then it was back out to go wander the field.

Vice Grip Garage was filming video yesterday in the morning, I heard they were going to build the engine for the truck they had in the air and not stop filming until they got it back down and able to do burnouts. When I wandered past there was a 600 foot line 4 people wide to get autographs and merch. I bet they made a haul during this show :)

I didn't see Butch with the coffin car or Munster Mobile this year. I heard he had a health issue a while back. Unless I missed him in one of the building corners some place. They made so many changes to the grounds recently I may have missed a thing or two.

Auto Transport Service
Back