• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is my old 1968 Roadrunner still alive???

68HemiRR

Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
I'm curious if my old Roadrunner is still alive out there. I bought it at
Friedley Olds, Datsun, GMC in Cedar Falls, Iowa in 1972 shortly after I got
out of the U.S. Army. It is a 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner VIN-RM21H8C198922.
It was a 383ci, 4 speed, 3:23SG. B5 blue with blue bench seat interior.
When I sold it in Houston, Texas in 1977, it had a 440ci, and the grill was damaged.
I couldn't find a 68 grill, so it had a 69 grill. I'm not looking to buy it back. Just wondering
if it's still out there, as it was the first of many Mopars I've owned. The photos
were taken the day I sold it.

68BLUE4.JPG

68BLUERR.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Grant - double check your plant code? "A" or "G" I believe; - no "C" Jefferson Ave Roadrunners that I'm aware of. A cursory search of the full VIN (A or G) came up empty.

Hey Grant - double check your plant code? "A" or "G" I believe; - no "C" Jefferson Ave Roadrunners that I'm aware of. A cursory search of the full VIN (A or G) came up empty.
Hi Mark, That's the VIN that it shows on the odometer certification document that I have. It is the only thing I have in my records for that car with a VIN number.

I do (now) recall LA also built them - I ran a search with "E" and still came up empty. I don't have the actual ordering docs to reference, so I'm not positive there weren't any from Jefferson, but I don't recall ever seeing a tag for one. Maybe someone else can tell for sure?

I'm curious if my old Roadrunner is still alive out there. I bought it at
Friedley Olds, Datsun, GMC in Waterloo, Iowa in 1972 shortly after I got
out of the U.S. Army. It is a 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner VIN-RM21H8C198922.
It was a 383ci, 4 speed, 3:23SG. B5 blue with blue bench seat interior.
When I sold it in Houston, Texas in 1977, it had a 440ci, and the grill was damaged.
I couldn't find a 68 grill, so it had a 69 grill. I'm not looking to buy it back. Just wondering
if it's still out there, as it was the first of many Mopars I've owned. The photos
were taken the day I sold it.

View attachment 1685825

View attachment 1685826
Yup, I'd also like to find out where my 68 RR is today.....
DSC_4018.jpg

I see quite a few posts 'where's my old car today'. Have any of you heard of 'Lost & Found Muscle Cars'? I first saw this guy on Facebook, and just recently started watching his YouTube channel. I've never used it, just found the stories interesting (link to YouTube because so many hate Facebook.....) youtube.com/@LostandFoundMuscleCars?sub_confirmation=1

Auto Transport Service
Back