• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Rugby a big deal where you live?

SteveSS

Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
It is here. Went to the Colorado State University vs United Air Force Academy game today. They had to shovel 4 inches of snow off the field but it was fun. Brutal and bloody but fun. USAFA won. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Air-Force-Academy-Rugby/133116546781239

I saw a new sign going into the north gate of the academy that said, "No Commercial Vehicles Except Explosive Ladened Vehicles." Okay! The security guards are dead serious and heavily armed.

Here's a map so if you're in the area please stop by. Steve USAFA.jpg

It is here in New Zealand :hello2: Home of the All Blacks.

Capture_zpseff900be.jpg

Here in Colorado we are very aware of the New Zealand All Blacks. We strive to be like them. We have a Haka similar to them.

No we have Real American Football...LOL....

Not much Rugby or Aussie Rules Football here in the main stream, I've seen it a little bit, not much thou, it's really interesting, kind of like Football with out pads or any organization, like a brawl on the field {not meant to offend} but we have American Football, from leagues with Pop Warner 7-8 y/o Tykes, from grade/elementary school to the semi-pros AFL, all the way to the big dogs in the NFL instead, Thursdays Sundays & Mondays... NCAA College Football on Thursdays Fridays & Saturdays, sometimes on Mondays too...

Yes we have NFL in Colorado, and all those younger programs. Nobody mentions the Broncos yet. It's still an open wound. For some reason rugby is big here too. Lots of blood and ice packs on the sidelines. The Colorado Springs High School club has been state champs 2005, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. A lot of the football players are on the rugby team. Schools never sponsor a team. It is too violent. The teams are called cubs. I noticed a local physical therapy group was a club sponsor.

Not much Rugby or Aussie Rules Football here in the main stream, I've seen it a little bit, not much thou, it's really interesting, kind of like Football with out pads or any organization, like a brawl on the field {not meant to offend} but we have American Football, from leagues with Pop Warner 7-8 y/o Tykes, from grade/elementary school to the semi-pros AFL, all the way to the big dogs in the NFL instead, Thursdays Sundays & Mondays... NCAA College Football on Thursdays Fridays & Saturdays, sometimes on Mondays too...

Yeah I have to agree with you Budnicks, about Aussie rules football. It appears so disorganised (again not to offend our Aussie brothers). I guess that's because I haven't grown up with the game. American football doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. Substituting the whole team when you change from offence to defence is very different to rugby. I guess at the end of the day we are all used to the teams we root for. BTW we use the word 'root' as slang for having sex, not cheering on your team lol. Next time you are rooting for somebody, bear that in mind. Lol

Yeah I have to agree with you Budnicks, about Aussie rules football. It appears so disorganised (again not to offend our Aussie brothers). I guess that's because I haven't grown up with the game. American football doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. Substituting the whole team when you change from offence to defence is very different to rugby. I guess at the end of the day we are all used to the teams we root for. BTW we use the word 'root' as slang for having sex, not cheering on your team lol. Next time you are rooting for somebody, bear that in mind. Lol

Too true brother....I'm a genuine Kiwi that eats roots and leaves.

(Place punctuation marks as you see fit) :toothy12:

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. But rugburn, that can happen quite a bit.

Maybe you need to invest in a Sealy :tongueflap: ....or wear kneepads.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is Bud, that our guys throw themselves at each other, at speed, with no padding....same effect, just more chance of injury. And no hard helmets, just the odd soft cover for those who really get amongst it :D

Oh, and one more thing....when we play a world series, there are other countries involved :laughing6:

[video=youtube;n03g8nsaBro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n03g8nsaBro[/video]

:evil6:

Auto Transport Service
Back