• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a code for Charger SE hood ornaments?

Takoctopus

Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking at getting an SE next year with the opera windows and hood ornament. Is there a code, year or trim package I should be looking for other than SE? Thanks

IMG_6057.jpeg

IMG_6058.png

I believe all the 73 and 74 SE's had that hood ornament.
...although I've seen examples of two slightly different styles.

...and unless it was optioned with the "halo" top, it got a 3/4 vinyl top and those opera windows.

The SE's automatically came with the hood ornament and the opera louvers

Standard on the SE, so as far I know no code for emblems. Never have known about any code for emblems on any car, just for molds.

So just looking at VIN for the WP29xxxxxxxx should be enough to know it’s an SE with its corresponding louvered quarter glass.

@YY1 The Roll down quarter glass option on SE is just 73 deal and is really uncommon. Dunno the code for it thought. Still WP29 evein being built as a “hardtop”

ANOTHER REAAAALLY WEIRDS SEs around are some 74s being offered with Spring Special packages so, standard cluster and opera windows without louvers. I have known about two of them… one with pics.

Last edited:
Standard on the SE, so as far I know no code for emblems. Never have known about any code for emblems on any car, just for molds.

So just looking at VIN for the WP29xxxxxxxx should be enough to know it’s an SE with its corresponding louvered quarter glass.

@YY1 The Roll down quarter glass option on SE is just 73 deal and is really uncommon. Dunno the code for it thought. Still WP29 evein being built as a “hardtop”

ANOTHER REAAAALLY WEIRDS SEs around are some 74s being offered with Spring Special packages so, standard cluster and opera windows without louvers. I have known about two of them… one with pics.
Roll down windows on an SE sounds interesting. I have a 74 Roadrunner and I have pulled roll down rear windows out of a Satellite just in case I want to do that with the roadrunner but might save them for an SE

The SE conversion to roll down quarter glass takes a lot more than just glass and regulators. Easier on RRs thought since on RRs is about the same trim. Not Chargers 73/74 SEs thought

73_Charger_total0009.jpg

On codes list is confusing if it should be V1 or A58 for the Halo roof on 73 SEs

Last edited:
Don't forget the drip rail is totally different on standard SE roofs.

That alone is a major turn-off when contemplating a roll down conversion.

Auto Transport Service
Back