• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It’s back again. The cold, I mean.

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
Woke up to this today. Even though the days are getting longer and you can feel the energy in the sun it is cold. The evenings and nights are beautiful, crystal clear so that you can see billions of stars and northern lights. But with no cloud cover to keep the heat in temperatures drop quickly. Right now it’s ten in the morning and a beautiful bright, sunny day. And minus thirty eight. ****.
I think that overall this winter has been colder then last year. I posted a few pix last year of temps in the minus forties. This year hasn’t seen those sort of lows but I think there’s been more cold days. I dunno, I just want spring.
98BC611C-447A-4FF9-AAC3-FC17B732AFB4.png

It is 63 here now but by morning it will be 19 expecting 7 to 9 inches of snow tomorrow. Its been a crazy winter but it is nice to have a few days of warmer than usual between the storms. I would freeze if I were up where you are. Stay warm and safe.

What’s really bizarre to see is that even though it’s cold, the sun is strong. So if you have a dark coloured vehicle parked in the sunshine it gets warm. It can be in the minus thirties and your vehicle has what looks like steam coming off of it. Very strange.

We maxed out at -28c this morning. But it's warming up quickly

BBBBrrrrrrrrrrr; Kinda makes you wish you could harness a concentrated dose of Global Warming , don't it?? However I do think there might be something that would be quite refreshing: Sitting in sauna bath until you are super heated and then run naked outside for a minute. I can imagine how good my body would feel with that almost instant numbing! Hey, they do similar things in Scandinavia, don't they??
:lol:
Honestly, I don't know how long I could survive in a long deep freeze like that!
God Bless you good folks up there; that takes some kind of back bone to do.

Last edited:
BBBBrrrrrrrrrrr; Kinda makes you wish you could harness a concentrated dose of Global Warming , don't it?? However I do think there might be something that would be quite refreshing: Sitting in sauna bath until you are super heated and then run naked outside for a minute. I can imagine how good my body would feel with that almost instant numbing! Hey, they do similar things in Scandinavia, don't they??
:lol:
We are counting the days before we go back to Mexico. Was there for a month before Christmas, going back for five weeks in March and April. It makes for bizarre travel because we have to wear warm clothing to get on a plane, then we land in a hot place, over dressed. The reverse coming back.

This where I would post that song by Billy Joel ???? "Going to extremes" Lol! :D

Auto Transport Service
Back