• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Joe Morgan won't be down!

69a100

Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Joe Morgan, the Hall of Fame second baseman who became the sparkplug of the Big Red Machine and the prototype for baseball’s artificial turf era, has died. He was 77.
He died at his home Sunday in Danville, California, a family spokesman said Monday. Morgan was suffering from a nerve condition, a form of polyneuropathy.
Just waitin for the racial comment! RIP Joe.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...0201012-fdf4sr6bjvas7k4pvvk37izqpi-story.html

Awww, man.

That seems too young.

Last time I cared about baseball.

1976 Reds.

Aww! No mo Joe Mo? Part of the 'Big Red Machine'....I liked him as a broadcaster too.
RIP

Rest In Peace! Great player!

Damn, HOF baseball players are dying fast. I believe that's 4 in the past few weeks.
RIP Joe!!! A Cincinnati Great!!

I remember watching the Joe Morgan "chicken wing" when I was a kid. This video around the 0:19 second mark. RIP Joe - you were a really exciting player to watch.

Joe was the missing spark plug in the Reds lineup. The Reds were the winningst team in baseball the entire decade of the 70s and He was a big contributor to that accomplishment. Certainly one of Baseballs all-time Greats.

Auto Transport Service
Back