• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Glenn will not be down for breakfast.

RIP Mr. Glen, American hero & true patriot, gods speed

NASA Mercury Astronauts John Glen in the center.jpg

He had a blessed life. WHAT A LIFE !!
WWII Fighter pilot, Koren war Fighter pilot , test pilot , Astronaut, first to orbit earth, 77 oldest man to fly in space, senator, ... . this is a great song written by Dwayne O'Brien

3 separate "won't be down for breakfast" threads started on this site already. It just goes to show you that we just lost a national treasure.
Semper Fi Sir.
Rest in peace. You earned it for all of us.

Rest in Peace! Definite hero!

“As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.”
John Glenn

Talk about a good run...

I believe I've touched several things that Col. Glenn used during his career.

One or more of which may have actually left the planet's atmosphere, or been dang close to it.

I'm fairly certain I built and flew gliders with him in the 70's and might have actually eaten breakfast with him- school program hosted by USAF WPAFB.

What young boy growing up in the Sixties didn't Idolize Mr. Glenn? I sure Did! Quite the List of accomplishments for ones life! Talk about a Role Model! But .......Saturn, Shhhmaturn..... Did he ever pilot a Potent Big Block Mopar down the Quarter, hanging on by the seat of his pants?? NAHHH, probably Not! We have lost a Great American !!:thumbsup:

What young boy growing up in the Sixties didn't Idolize Mr. Glenn? I sure Did! Quite the List of accomplishments for ones life! Talk about a Role Model! But .......Saturn, Shhhmaturn..... Did he ever pilot a Potent Big Block Mopar down the Quarter, hanging on by the seat of his pants?? NAHHH, probably Not! We have lost a Great American !!:thumbsup:

I am 100% with you on John Glenn! As for the big block Mopar down the quarter mile, he may have never done it, but I'll bet anything he would have loved it!!!

Did he get a free corvette, or was that an Apollo only thing.

Friendship 7 ..was just a kid but man I still remember those words very well ... Blessed for sure ...and he knew it and returned that love in his beliefs ......RIP Sir

Rip John--I grew old admiring how you did it.

Ground control to John Glenn, Thank you. RIP.

I met Glenn when I was on a trip to Japan. We were in Tokyo and waiting for our flight in the United Air Lines lounge and we saw a couple of news crews setting up. We asked what was up and was told John Glenn had been in Japan for some diplomatic something or other and was leaving and they were going to interview him. He and his wife came in and they sat with the media guys for about 20 minutes. When the interviews ended, the Glenns came over to where we were sitting and John got real interested when we told him where we were from and what we were doing in Japan, and I found out the house I lived in when we first moved to Maryland was right across the street from where their house was when John was a test pilot at NAS Patuxent River.

About halfway through the flight, Glenn came up to the second deck to go to the flight deck and talk to the pilots, and on his way back he saw us sitting up there and yacked about airplanes for another half hour or so. He was a really nice guy.

Auto Transport Service
Back