• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just received my Repro Harness From Year 1

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
Ordered 66 Hemi engine and headlight harness with electronic ign and solid state voltage regulator in July. Received it today. Looks excellent, can't wait to get it on. Good to see they are getting their back orders filled.

I suspect it was a one-time problem on mine but I couldn’t get my headlights to light. I knew it was a ground problem because I had power at all the light plug terminals. But, I moved the the ground wire to several areas without luck. Finally took my glasses off and peered closely at the ground ring terminal and saw that both sets of crimps were secured on wire insulation. The wire was inserted too deep into the terminal before they crimped it over. No continuity from the wire to the terminal. So, if it crops up again you know one thing to look at.

Otherwise, an excellent harness.

If you have the old harness, make sure you pin out the new one against it. More than one M & H harness has had a few of the wires crossed right from the git go.

That’s actually an excellent suggestion for any reproduction harness. I’ve installed two other reproduction harnesses in the past on other manufacture cars (neither M&H) and found at least one pair of swapped wires at a plug connection on both. Fortunately all wire routing at plugs was correct in the M&H one I installed on my 66 Hemi.

If you have the old harness, make sure you pin out the new one against it. More than one M & H harness has had a few of the wires crossed right from the git go.
This tip cannot be overstated. Compare plugs, wires, wire colors, proper routing, and yes, even ensure that ALL the connections are in the harness before the install !

Auto Transport Service
Back