• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just replaced my carb

real0803

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
I just replaced my carb and my fuel pump. It drove fine for a day. When I stated it the next day this what it sounds like , it didn't crank over but it sounds horrible like metal is hitting when I turn the ignition.

Last edited:
Used to live in Ramona. 6+hours away from that area now. Do you have any contacts with the SD Mopar club?

Are you in SD proper or elsewhere? I still have some contacts down there. May be able to steer you to one in your area.

Moparsquid[ Bob Martello] is in the SV area. Sharp dude. @moparsquid here on the forum. If not him, then Todd Peterson or Aaron Bourdage. Bob is on here periodically in the early b section for the 62-65 cars. Hopefully one of them or another can help you out.

Would it be a matter
Moparsquid[ Bob Martello] is in the SV area. Sharp dude. @moparsquid here on the forum. If not him, then Todd Peterson or Aaron Bourdage. Bob is on here periodically in the early b section for the 62-65 cars. Hopefully one of them or another can help you out.
Thank you I will message him to see if he can help me with my Cordoba .

As RemCharger mentioned it's something with the starter... Possibly a connection, possibly it's mounting bolts have loosened.. Whatever's going on it's just a coincidence & nothing to do with the carb/fuel pump... Well other than the car has been shown a little love & has decided it wants more.. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back