• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

kubota rtv400 - pros and cons/thoughts…

hdwrench

Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
my wife been yearning for a sided by side for some time . personally i’m not a fan of them but she thinks she needs one . we have a good size property and she wants a sxs to get out back more and be able to ride with the dog . a good friend of mine is downsizing and offered her a 2012 kubota rtv400 at a good price . i don’t know much about there utv stuff
but we do have a big kubota tractor which has been good to us . any input on the utv is appreciated…

Single cylinder engine, maintenance isn't bad. I was a mechanic at a university, we had three of them, no issues.

My mom uses a Kabota UTV for some time now for her dogs. I’m not sure which one it is, I know it’s diesel. It’s been very good and dependable.

Kubota = Quality. I assume it's gas powered. If not, it would be pre-def which is good. If you're just looking for farm use, this is an excellent choice. If you also want sport use, you might want something with a top speed over 25 mph.

We have a gas one at work and I had a diesel one. I prefer the diesel but they both do everything I need and never fail.

Kubota = Quality. I assume it's gas powered. If not, it would be pre-def which is good. If you're just looking for farm use, this is an excellent choice. If you also want sport use, you might want something with a top speed over 25 mph.
yes it’s gas . we ok with 25mph , just a workhorse, round here 25 mph can be fast. we’re not looking for a racer . sounds like good reviews! thanks to all ….

A Kubota RTV400 is the lowest end model UTV they make. Its a CVT drive with a subaru gas motor. It isn't the Hyrdro drive of the 500 and most of the other kubota UTV's. The more common 900 and 1100 are the heavy duty models everything sees and thinks of.

An RTV400 is basically a 4x4 golf cart. As long as that is what you expect, it is fine.

If it is priced right, go for it.

Auto Transport Service
Back