• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

License Plate Light

fine69

Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
I’d consider this one of the least important parts of the Dodge Charger so this is just kind of a curiosity inquiry.
I noticed that the license plate light on my ‘69 doesn’t really shine on the plate but rather behind it. I’m just wondering if something on my car is out of whack or if this is a common occurrence.
Thanks

IMG_2971.jpeg

I’d consider this one of the least important parts of the Dodge Charger so this is just kind of a curiosity inquiry.
I noticed that the license plate light on my ‘69 doesn’t really shine on the plate but rather behind it. I’m just wondering if something on my car is out of whack or if this is a common occurrence.
Thanks

View attachment 1712952
Looks like one on my trailer hauler light

Thanks
They were never the brightest lights as far as I know. Maybe the bulb got foggy over the years. I had the same problem with my reverse lights they had a too weak shine I just covered the inside with aluminum foil and it helped a lot. You can also try to add one or two washers on each screw to get a better angle on the plate

It should be the one RC noted. Plus, it mounts to the bumper like this. I have a used one but it looks like your car deserves a new one.

100_1733.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back