• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Light plane crashes in New Zealand - twice in same day

kiwigtx

International Mod of Mystery
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
This is hilarious....bare with me, no-one got hurt :grin:

About 3 years ago, I was watching our prime time National News program. There on screen was my father-in-laws best friend for over 35 years crawling out of the wreckage of his own home-built plane. The thing took about 5 years to build at home (in his house/garage) and then a few months assembling final parts at the local aero-club. Certification and all the hoops had been jumped through etc...blah blah....
Anyway, maiden voyage arrives, with wife holding camcorder to record the great event.....halfway down the runway, the plane flips on its nose, and dives into the grass. Pilot and co-pilot get out unscathed, just their pride is hurt. A load of damage which took several months to repair. Understandably my father-in-law is not keen to be a passenger - EVER :eek:

So I get a phone call about an hour ago, to say watch the TV News again - another plane crash. This time it is my father's best friend and fishing buddy - Dennis. A retired Dentist, who is a lot of fun, and full of knowledge.....watch and enjoy;

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/scenic-flight-turns-into-double-disaster-video-5796302

No-one was hurt, except the fat-*** cop running down the beach - too many donuts maybe :rofl::rofl:

I told my boys after watching this that there wouldn't be too many kids around who can say that BOTH Grandad's have best friends who have survived their own home-made plane crashes :)

I'd take that as a hint to give up flying, or at least flying that plane.

Waste of a lot of work... Probably should have waited for low tide, less folks and made best friends with his right rudder pedal. Good to see no one got hurt.

Auto Transport Service
Back