• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a Trim Shop in Southern New Jersey

rmance

Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to the site. Working on a 68 Roadrunner and looking for a good trim shop in southern New Jersey. Need to have the headliner installed and want it to look good. :)
Thanks!

Watch some videos on YouTube and do it yourself. Not difficult . I did my 69 charger. It came out real nice.

Not sure if he is still open but you could try Mastro's on Rt. 30 just outside of Egg Harbor City, closest to you. I would personally recommend Custom Auto and Upholstery Center on New Rd.(Rt. 9) in Pleasantville.
On a side note have you heard about the local Mopar club....South Jersey Mopar Connection? We are based out of EHT. If interested and/or want more info please feel free to PM me.

Did my 69 runner by my self. Did not turn out too bad. But suggest to get enough glue. CJ Pony is where I got the glue. Cans where small so should have ordered 3 can's. Just to say. Lets see if I can find the pictures. Used those small tent clamps I call them from Harbor freight. Also bought a bag of new clothes pin's so the wife would not accuse me of steeling her pin's. LOL. Don't forget to cut relief cut's around the back window. At the corners. Start at back and work you way forward. Use a heat gun to take wrinkles out. Suggest you lay it out in the sun first to relax the wrinkles out first. Make 45 degree cut's where the bow's go in. Don't for get to put the retaining wires on the back bow. Good luck.
IMG_0103 (4).JPG
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0102 (6).JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0101 (6).JPG

3 cans of glue? I put my entire headliner into place with zero glue, just the tack plates at front/back, a few spring clamps and the headliner clips like the factory used along the sides and then went back along the edges (when I was happy how it fit) and glued the OUTER edges only with about an 1/8th of a pint can of contact cement.

3 cans of glue? I put my entire headliner into place with zero glue, just the tack plates at front/back, a few spring clamps and the headliner clips like the factory used along the sides and then went back along the edges (when I was happy how it fit) and glued the OUTER edges only with about an 1/8th of a pint can of contact cement.
Think I got more on me than the liner. LOL. Can't seem to open a can of any thing with out getting it all over me.

Hey BLUEBERRY FESTIVAL, Mastros is THE BEST. Joe had health issues several years back, opened since then: dont know if open since COVID; Rt 30 & 5th (?) street on left heading to EHC, try 8 to 4 during day ( I pass shop at 6 am/pm and 7pm/am, (08091 to AC for work) FYI: Horror stories about guy in Albion on Cross Keys @ tracks

You might want to check out "Back in time" located in Hainesport/ Mt. Holly, i'm going to have them do mine. They are actually better now then a couple of years ago, they have some new guys working there. Don't bother with Ed's trim shop in Hainesport , nobody seems to ever be happy with their work.. For years I used Al's Trim shop in Easthampton but since he got busy a couple of years ago his customer service and frankly the quality of their work went to hell for small stuff. They only want to do high dollar builds/ race boats and could care less about anything else.

You might want to check out "Back in time" located in Hainesport/ Mt. Holly, i'm going to have them do mine. They are actually better now then a couple of years ago, they have some new guys working there. Don't bother with Ed's trim shop in Hainesport , nobody seems to ever be happy with their work.. For years I used Al's Trim shop in Easthampton but since he got busy a couple of years ago his customer service and frankly the quality of their work went to hell for small stuff. They only want to do high dollar builds/ race boats and could care less about anything else.
Thanks Dan. Would you let me know how it turns out?

Not sure if he is still open but you could try Mastro's on Rt. 30 just outside of Egg Harbor City, closest to you. I would personally recommend Custom Auto and Upholstery Center on New Rd.(Rt. 9) in Pleasantville.
On a side note have you heard about the local Mopar club....South Jersey Mopar Connection? We are based out of EHT. If interested and/or want more info please feel free to PM me.
Thanks Moparnutcase. I couldn't PM you. Your inbox is full. I did find the Facebook page for the club though and will follow the posts.

Auto Transport Service
Back