• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for good match to re dye 1969 tan dash pads. Anyone find one?

Fm3 Dart

Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
I'm restoring a 1969 Charger dash, and I haven't found a vinyl dye that matches the dash pads. The dash pads, and windshield pillar plastic mouldings on 1969 tan interiors are darker than the rest of the interior, so the PP650 Saddle tan vinyl dye that Classic Industries etc sell, is lighter. It matches the door panels and seats etc, but not the dash parts. Has anyone found a good match for this darker color?

From my research, it looks like the PP664 brown for 1971 could be a better match for this darker shade. Anyone know?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Herbs.

Herb's Parts: HERBS PARTS INTERIOR PAINT, Interior Paint, PAINT

IMG_5985.png

I'm restoring a 1969 Charger dash, and I haven't found a vinyl dye that matches the dash pads. The dash pads, and windshield pillar plastic mouldings on 1969 tan interiors are darker than the rest of the interior, so the PP650 Saddle tan vinyl dye that Classic Industries etc sell, is lighter. It matches the door panels and seats etc, but not the dash parts. Has anyone found a good match for this darker color?

From my research, it looks like the PP664 brown for 1971 could be a better match for this darker shade. Anyone know?

Thanks.
I have a blue interior in my 69 Bee and Herb’s parts has the correct color for the dash pads. I was struggling with the metal dash parts, steering column, etc.
I called Instrument Specialties and bought the correct paint from them. The guy I talked to knew exactly every color for all of the interior.
Since they restore entire dashes it would be worth a call to them and they could either guide you to the correct color or perhaps sell you the paint/dye.

For a customers 69 GTX project I ended up having dye mixed at local paint supplier - Finish Masters. I ordered the the Herbs spray can dye and was not happy with the color. The result of the custom dye mix is shown below. To get the color match I took the original parts to the paint supplier. We found areas no affected by UV light and used those for the color match.

68896756491__E697CD39-6378-4C24-9F32-17673D9AE192.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Local automotive paint store should be able to match and mix the color for you either from a code or a good sample.

For a customers 69 GTX project I ended up having dye mixed at local paint supplier - Finish Masters. I ordered the the Herbs spray can dye and was not happy with the color. The result of the custom dye mix is shown below. To get the color match I took the original parts to the paint supplier. We found areas no affected by UV light and used those for the color match.

View attachment 1713470

View attachment 1713471

View attachment 1713472

View attachment 1713473

View attachment 1713474
that's what I'm talking about. Looks great!

Auto Transport Service
Back