• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for underhood pics, 68 Dodge Charger, 440 R/T, original.

MOPARENT

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Trying to dupe my charger into a 68 R/T, need underhood shots, firewall, wiring looms, volt reg position, ballast, clips, headlight hoses, etc...whatcha got? Looking for period correct info/pix only, fall of 67 to summer of 68 build dates..... Many thanks in advance!!

Here are some pics of my survivor 69 charger RT triple black prior to restoration.....This was done before the digital world...tons of photos and a video but these are only a few on my computer...

IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0021.jpg
IMG_0017.jpg
IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg

Nice! Any idea where the tach wire would come thru the firewall?

Moparent ive got a pretty much unmolested Bee, there's a body plug about 1"x2" below m/c & outboard of steer.col. that is the only hole available. Here's some pics.

IMG_1155.JPG IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1157.JPG IMG_1158.JPG IMG_1159.JPG IMG_1160.JPG

Well....mine comes out above and to the right as you look at it.

68 Charger R/T 440

20170919_093417.jpg

Couple more if it helps

20170919_094653.jpg 20170919_094616.jpg

So why is mine above the vacuum lines?

So why is mine above the vacuum lines?
A worker back in the day choosing a different dimple...it does not mean it is incorrect but all I have have typically seen is under the vacuum lines....Plus there is a dimple in that spot if they never drilled it out...

A worker back in the day choosing a different dimple...it does not mean it is incorrect but all I have have typically seen is under the vacuum lines....Plus there is a dimple in that spot if they never drilled it out...
For discussion purposes..
Would the location be changed because of the factory cruise control?

For discussion purposes..
Would the location be changed because of the factory cruise control?
Now that would make sense if it was equipped with cruise....You so rarely see that option but I think your correct....Did that car have cruise?

Now that would make sense if it was equipped with cruise....You so rarely see that option but I think your correct....Did that car have cruise?
Yes it does.

difficult to see from my phone but I noticed that on my comp this am....Why didn't you point that out earlier?
Didn't know there was a difference. My last Charger did not have the tic toc tac. This one is loaded with options and i am just learning about the differences.

Auto Transport Service
Back