• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to build my first Mopar

Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone... my name is Rich, I own Far From Dead Motorsports in Tuckerton, NJ. I have had the pleasure of owning and building a bunch of cool cars and trucks for my personal collection... but finally going to start sourcing a B body and the parts necessary for me to put together a cool street rod woth a 440 , auto trans and efi... n well hand controls too... Im a paraplegic N love my collection of "Handicap Hotrods"

If anyone knows of a a clean B body , roller preferred, please let me know

Not looking tp molest an all original car... Id like to take a B body thats clean and do a custom drivetrain and interior.

Well thanks for reading and Im loving all the builds and original cars on this forum.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Rich Downing

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the group. The Welcome Wagon is where you introduce yourself and show off your cars. We don't allow personal information to be posted directly on the site. It is for your internet security. If you are a commercial business and would like to become a vendor/sponsor of the site, contact the site owner, Joeychgo for further details.

Welcome from CT. Pictures of cars/hot rods you have/had/built. Now the picture rioters.
:xscuseless:
:mob::mob::mob::lol:

Current collection of Handicap Hotrods...

my 2020 F450
Resized_20201125_112250(4).jpeg

My 1992 Notchback... currently building a new sbf 445 "Godzilla" with a single turbo N powerglide.
Resized_20200504_133427.jpeg

2020 GT500... 40K in modifications.
Resized_20221219_165910.jpeg

Currently waiting to take delivery of my 2023 F150 Platinum in Avalanche Grey with a Coyote... n a Hellion TT system and Ridetech suspension on the way

Also have a 2006 Trailblazer SS waiting to be built end of 2023.

N a 2023/24 Z06 on order with MacMulken

Welcome to the group. The Welcome Wagon is where you introduce yourself and show off your cars. We don't allow personal information to be posted directly on the site. It is for your internet security. If you are a commercial business and would like to become a vendor/sponsor of the site, contact the site owner, Joeychgo for further details.
I apologize. Didn't realize... I posted my contact info I use for business... anyone comes looking for me there, they'll be greeted with a handshake, a smile and a coffee (if they come on good terms of course)

Neat stuff!
This brings up a question I have been thinking about. Is the Mopar B-Body you want for nostalgia or style?
I like both the nostalgia of the original non-modified cars, but also modern performance.
The issue I am having is that as I modify my old car to modern performance, it is hurting the nostalgia of the original driving experience, but the car style remains.
I have done the stroker 440 with EFI, serpentine belt drive, overdrive transmission, aftermarket A/C, upgraded suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes and such and it is a bunch of work and gets quite expensive.
I have another project car, and plan to just drop in a modern Gen 3 hemi with OD transmission because it is less modification, and I think in the long run cheaper, but the car will be more like a modern car with just the body style of an old Muscle car.
Not sure if the modern throttle by wire would make hand controls (and cruse control) easier?
Anyhow, just some thought that I have been having about my own projects.

Neat stuff!
This brings up a question I have been thinking about. Is the Mopar B-Body you want for nostalgia or style?
I like both the nostalgia of the original non-modified cars, but also modern performance.
The issue I am having is that as I modify my old car to modern performance, it is hurting the nostalgia of the original driving experience, but the car style remains.
I have done the stroker 440 with EFI, serpentine belt drive, overdrive transmission, aftermarket A/C, upgraded suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes and such and it is a bunch of work and gets quite expensive.
I have another project car, and plan to just drop in a modern Gen 3 hemi with OD transmission because it is less modification, and I think in the long run cheaper, but the car will be more like a modern car with just the body style of an old Muscle car.
Not sure if the modern throttle by wire would make hand controls (and cruse control) easier?
Anyhow, just some thought that I have been having about my own projects.
I totally understand your take... I own a speed shop in NJ, so the labor/dyno tuning of such a project won't hurt me as much financially...

I already own new cars etc ... but love my old pushrods.

My B body WANT all started 40 years ago when I seen my uncles GTX.

My B body build plan won't be too expensive... rotating assemblies are affordable with my dealer pricing plus I own and operate my own CRYOGENIC CHAMBER that I use to freeze all my components for added strength.

N as far as EFI goes, the Holley Sniper systems are ridiculously easy and affordable to build and tune.

Personally, I feel the disc brakes and updated suspension is gonna be the pain in the butt and costly.

So yeah... I want a Nostalgia car with a Super Bee hood , chop chop 440, efi, AC, and something my wife won't mind driving around. (She won't drive the GT500, hates fox bodies, thinks my F450 is too big, and she has no clue I bought a new F150 and Z06. Hahahahaha)

For my '69 Coronet Convertible with the 505" stroked 440, I used the Edelbrock XT intake:
Pro-Flo XT Chrysler Big Block RB EFI Intake Manifold
Because it was lower profile than the RPM AirGap, Holley, and air filter assembly. The Electronics are FAST 2.0 with the FAST dual-sync distributor.

I have a Fi-Tech 1200 PA EFI on the '71 Charger (500" 400 stroker), and running a factory lean burn distributor.

Helped install the full Sniper system on my friend Mikes '69 Coronet (496" 383 stroker, TCI 6X transmission) and didn't have any issues.
He used the Holly supplied Tanks Inc fuel tank. My Coronet uses the older Spectra Premimum CR9FI fuel tank (only has a walbro 255 lph pump.)

anyone comes looking for me there, they'll be greeted with a handshake, a smile and a coffee (if they come on good terms of course)
....so we have to bring our own sandwiches....? :lol:

Welcome to FBBO from New Zealand. By the looks of your vehicles, you are very capable given your disability....congrats on that. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site....and do you realize we have a classified forum with a WTB (want to buy) section? That would be the place to post your wants. Get familiar with the site and you will find it's not hard to navigate it.

I had a buddy that was a paraplegic but he didn't let a wheel chair show him down. He was into restoring T/A Challengers and AAR Cudas. Also know two guys with the use of one arm but they also went whole hog on cars with one being a dang good drag racer. Thing is, I haven't heard from any of them in a good while now since I haven't raced in a long time.....and not sure how I would react if I lost a limb or worse after all these years of having the use of it all but my back is sure slowing things down these days and Mr. Arthritis seems to be taking over. Life sure throws us curve balls and gotta do our best to try and hit them out of the park.

For my '69 Coronet Convertible with the 505" stroked 440, I used the Edelbrock XT intake:
Pro-Flo XT Chrysler Big Block RB EFI Intake Manifold
Because it was lower profile than the RPM AirGap, Holley, and air filter assembly. The Electronics are FAST 2.0 with the FAST dual-sync distributor.

I have a Fi-Tech 1200 PA EFI on the '71 Charger (500" 400 stroker), and running a factory lean burn distributor.

Helped install the full Sniper system on my friend Mikes '69 Coronet (496" 383 stroker, TCI 6X transmission) and didn't have any issues.
He used the Holly supplied Tanks Inc fuel tank. My Coronet uses the older Spectra Premimum CR9FI fuel tank (only has a walbro 255 lph pump.)
Ive had great experiences with the Holley efi from LS turbo builds to boosted SBF's and pretty much everything in between.

The FiTech stuff is nice too. A little finicky maybe. But I also havent had as many of those units on my lifts or on my Dynojet.

Welcome to the site....and do you realize we have a classified forum with a WTB (want to buy) section? That would be the place to post your wants. Get familiar with the site and you will find it's not hard to navigate it.

I had a buddy that was a paraplegic but he didn't let a wheel chair show him down. He was into restoring T/A Challengers and AAR Cudas. Also know two guys with the use of one arm but they also went whole hog on cars with one being a dang good drag racer. Thing is, I haven't heard from any of them in a good while now since I haven't raced in a long time.....and not sure how I would react if I lost a limb or worse after all these years of having the use of it all but my back is sure slowing things down these days and Mr. Arthritis seems to be taking over. Life sure throws us curve balls and gotta do our best to try and hit them out of the park.
Thanks. I posted in the WTB. Just included it in my intro so you Mopar guys didn't think Im some Ford guy looking to troll ya... hahaha... I only troll the New Generation Mopar guys with Hell Kittens. Hahahahahaha

Ive always had a passion for old Mopars... just never the budget !!! I was concerned with being the fastest, hence Fox Body builds.

But now Im ready to add a piece to the collection thats the "coolest"... n that would be to build a NA 440 with a bottle in the trunk. Cant afford a real Super Bee, but I plan to use an SB hood with a blank grill... n be faster of course

Only other old car I want to buiod a hommage to and add to my collection would be a Niner, as in the 69.5 Boss 429

Amazing how 1969.5 was the era of my 2 favorite cars.

Welcome from the left coast. Along with the rides for sale here, if you have connections in the west, keep an eye out for rides being sold in local ads.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

So it took a bit, but I bought my first B BODY today!!! She has a straight 6 … so now to decide on an engine.

She’s a 1966 Dodge Coronet 440

Love her. Red interior all there. All badging. 99% of trim. I’ll get her prepped, mock up drivetrain. N send her out for body/ paint.

IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

IMG_0556.jpeg

Welcome from New Zealand.

Nice Coronet. Keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks. I’m now doing my HW on gen 3 Hemi swap. We have experience with that platform in new Mopars at my shop with boost and juice.

Thinking the power I want, it’ll be cheaper and easier to do a 392 with Holley efi and a wet hit of Nitrous

Welcome from Alabama, 66-67's are my thing to. I have 6.1's, and 5.7's along with 100% stock restorations. Also one creative little toy.
20190425_172758.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back