• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man killed by bee swarm in Arizona

kiwigtx

International Mod of Mystery
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
One dead, five injured in US bee swarm attack (msn.com)

A man is dead and at least five people were injured in a bee swarm attack in a neighbourhood in the United States this week.

Police and fire crews were called to the residential street in Tucson, Arizona on Thursday (local time), with three firefighters "stung multiple times" while attempting to help locals affected by the swarm.

Three residents were also stung hundreds of times by the bees, with one person dying from their injuries, the Northwest Fire District said in a post on Facebook.

One firefighter was taken to hospital after being stung about 60 times but has since been released, the fire department said. The other firefighters didn't need medical treatment.

"A large open hive, estimated to be around 100 pounds [45kg] was located in a tree nearby," the Northwest Fire District said.

According to the Marana Police Department, bee handlers killed most of the bees and removed the hive after the incident.

AAMNszt.jpg

In a tree? Sounds like somebody hit a big Hornet's nest. They don't play well with others....

I have had a few wasp nests grow around home at times. I just go out at night and hit it hard with fly-spray.....they all drop out and die within minutes. Never been stung yet....although there is always room for a first time. :rolleyes:

I have had a few wasp nests grow around home at times. I just go out at night and hit it hard with fly-spray.....they all drop out and die within minutes. Never been stung yet....although there is always room for a first time. :rolleyes:
Wasps are not Hornets. That's about like comparing a little lap dog to a full blown, pissed off, Police dog!
:lol:

Wasps are not Hornets. That's about like comparing a little lap dog to a full blown, pissed off, Police dog!
:lol:
Thanks.....we don't get those angry Hornets down this way. :D

You guys get all the good stuff. :rofl:

Haven't you guys learned anything?!? That guy died from Covid. Everyone who has died in the last eighteen months has died from Covid.

We had a beehive with very aggressive bees in the wall of my best friends garage, here in the Laughlin area. We fiddled around with trying to seal them in the wall. Didnt work. We called Orkin, couple guys came out, handled the problem for a hundred bucks, said they would come back for free if the bees came back. Worth three times that to me, since i didnt have to do it.
Maybe we should send Orkins number to the tuscon FD.?

Last edited:
We had a beehive with very aggressive bees in the wall of my best friends garage, here in the Laughlin area. We fiddled around with trying to seal them in the wall. Didnt work. We called Orkin, couple guys came out, handled the problem for a hundred bucks, said they would come back for free if the bees came back. Worth three times that to me, since i didnt have to do it.
Maybe we should send Orkins number to the tuscon p.d.?

Can they treat COVID?:poke:

My youngest got stung 7 times yesterday mowing the neighbors lawn hit 3 underground nests.. I went back and dumped gas in the holes and he got stung once more while showing me where they were.. Ankles all swollen as most were there and on his leg.. This time of year sucks with under ground bees here ..

Twice have had to call in experts for bees. Africanized are aggressive. All it takes is my lawnmower to piss them off. Ask me how I know.

There was another story earlier in the week where a guy[off duty Cop] at home got tagged over 40 times and went into anaphylactic shock, while one of his dogs succumbed to the attack, and his second dog didn't fair much better. I guess the dogs started it and he was trying to save the dogs from the attack.

Some of you always have to bring Covid and then politics into the conversation don't you.

My youngest got stung 7 times yesterday mowing the neighbors lawn hit 3 underground nests.. I went back and dumped gas in the holes and he got stung once more while showing me where they were.. Ankles all swollen as most were there and on his leg.. This time of year sucks with under ground bees here ..
Hope he’s feeling better.

Hope he’s feeling better.
Thanks he is... We put sting kill on it right away with Benadryl lotion then ice... He went to work this morning said he was a little sore still but who knows how he will be after being on his feet all day..

Auto Transport Service
Back