• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man Successfully Corrects Someone's Grammar But Oh No! Now He Doesn't Have Any Friends!

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
Jul 3, 2024

Article Image

MILWAUKEE, WI — Sources close to local man Peter Thompson say that the self-appointed guardian of proper language scored big-time last week by successfully correcting someone else's grammar, but tragically lost not just one, but all two of his former friends as a result of his irritating dedication.

According to eyewitnesses, Thompson was having a conversation with Daniel Marillo and Patrick McGuffins, the last two people in the world who would put up with his supercilious pedantry, when he corrected Patrick's misuse of the word "less" when he really ought to have said "fewer."

"Patrick just kinda looked at me and then they both walked away shaking their heads," Thompson recalled mournfully. "But I had to stand by it — he said there were ‘less grammar nuts in the world now than there were a few years ago' and he really should have said ‘fewer'! What, was I supposed to just let it slide and keep going with the conversation? Here I stand — my conscience is bound by the Oxford Dictionary of English Grammar and it is neither safe nor right to go against good grammar!"

The world is full of ******** that need to know their audience or remember, Karma never loses an address ........................ I be stupid, but I be just fine with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back