• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manual shift valve body

Darter6

Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
My memory is getting foggy as of late. I have a A&A forward manual shift valve body 727 trans in a running car that I would like to go back to a stock valve body.The question is,when installing the manual valve body is the governor removed or disabled ? I didn't build the trans and was hoping a racer may have the answer. Thanks in advance !

Call Rick at A&A. I'm sure he'll get you on the right path...

Used to be, the gov. was removed. That’s what I did way back when.

I never removed the governor. No need to on the manual valve bodies I used (Turbo Action Cheetah). The variable pressure was not used.

I usually remove the gov on mine with the manual valve body. Definetly call A & A and check with them. Ron

Just removed manual VB never removed governor. Manual VB's tough on neutral safety switches. Trans ate 2 single pin switches in 12k miles.

Gee never had a neutral safety switch fail. Many, many thousand runs with both 1 pin & 3 pin. Governor is not connected to the neutral start switch.

Auto Transport Service
Back