• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Map light Question

bob32268

Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my map light to work on my 69 Charger,,,,I removed the lens and switch module but nothing in the hole for the (socket)? Also no wiring harness on it.... Was this standard or an option ? I haven't found a wiring harness to attach
to it yet.... Was this harness part of the wiring harness or does one have to purchase a separate pig-tail harness to get the light to function? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tks,
Bob32268

The Map Light came with a short wiring harness, and connected directly to the fuse block inside the glove box.

Just my $0.02.... :thumbsup:

Thanks, that gives me something to look into.... do you know if this harness was standard equipment on all Chargers that had a map light? If so, I'll go looking for it.... will have to take out the glove box and some A/C ducts to look for this harness.....Tks,
Bob32268

I'm trying to get my map light to work on my 69 Charger,,,,I removed the lens and switch module but nothing in the hole for the (socket)? Also no wiring harness on it.... Was this standard or an option ? I haven't found a wiring harness to attach
to it yet.... Was this harness part of the wiring harness or does one have to purchase a separate pig-tail harness to get the light to function? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tks,
Bob32268
Separate harness...very simple. Optional.

Thanks, that gives me something to look into.... do you know if this harness was standard equipment on all Chargers that had a map light? If so, I'll go looking for it.... will have to take out the glove box and some A/C ducts to look for this harness.....Tks,
Bob32268
For my 70RR I bought an NOS 1 many years back and the light/switch came with the short wiring harness. I recall all (3) of the wire connections were short and @ the fuse block. The map light works with the dome light, but also can be switched ON separately.

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

The map light I believe was part of the A01 light package, which was an additional option and not standard equipment. It included the map light, trunk light, ignition key light, ash tray light and glove box light.

The map light I believe was part of the A01 light package, which was an additional option and not standard equipment. It included the map light, trunk light, ignition key light, ash tray light and glove box light.
I definitely have the Map Light but none of the others, although it's hard to know what was removed over the years by previous owners. I've only owned this car since 2016 and I
put in a new under-dash wire harness, installed correct radio, correct wheels and tires, new headliner, and a bunch of other improvements.....Thanks for the info on the A01 light package, I appreciate it very much.
Tks,
Bob32268

IMG_7636.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back