• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Me and my 64 Plymouth Belvedere

Brandon tduzz

Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
I'm 27 and I grew up around classic cars my uncle always had some kind of classic car around. I always wanted one but didn't have the money to get any kind in decent shape. So one day I move into a house next to this older lady, I spotted a 1964 Plymouth Belvedere in her driveway, at the time I didn't know what it was all that I knew is that one day some how I had to acquire that car. Yes it's a four door sedan all that I knew is that I had to have it.

So everyday I talked to her I would mention the car, one day I was joking around and mentioned working the car off, unexpectedly the next day she called me and wanted to know if I was interested in working for the car, Immediately I said yes!!!
The car was her husband's pride and joy, he passed away from heart problems and for ten years it sat on a paved driveway not being driven in that long.

She handed me the keys and let me do whatever I wanted so put a battery in it and she started fired right up running on old gas and three cylinders it sounded like, I took it home and parked it. Gotta say that was one of the coolest things that ever happened to me in my life. There is a whole story on that car and how her husband found it but I can't type that ,much right now lol

IMG_20240619_192258.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. That looks like a pretty nice old Belvedere. Congratulations on landing your Dream car!

Welcome - yes a neat story. Hope you will share more of it and also about the Plymouth. Did you ever operate a pushbutton trans before acquiring this one?

Welcome - yes a neat story. Hope you will share more of it and also about the Plymouth. Did you ever operate a pushbutton trans before acquiring this one?
Thanks, whenever I first seen the push button setup I did not know what it was lol I didn't know how to put it in gear. I really like the push buttons, they really add to the overall interior styling they seem futuristic for the time

Thanks, whenever I first seen the push button setup I did not know what it was lol I didn't know how to put it in gear. I really like the push buttons, they really add to the overall interior styling they seem futuristic for the time
They were, IMO, remember my elder cousin buying a new ’64 Sport Fury when I was around 10-years old. He took me for a thrilling ride in it that I never forgot, manually pressing the buttons and the sound of screeching tires btw upshifts. Said then gotta have a car with those someday.

Well, ’64 was the final year for those. Mopar had them from ’56 to ’64. And a few legendary drag-racers liked them back in the day. One liked them so much he had them installed in his ’65 race car.

Fast forward 30-years, finally got a ’63 Fury from CA with the buttons and have had it since. I really like 4-speeds and had a few of those; though the novelty of the pushbuttons never left me. I find many people looking at my car at the shows, buttons seem to be a common attraction; dads and granddads are often pointing out the buttons to their offspring.

There are members on this forum who are walking encyclopedias on these mopars offering great advice when I restored my Plymouth. Have fun with yours!

There are lots of interesting Mopar "quirks".

I bet it still has the left hand lug nuts on the driver's side.

Be aware/careful with that.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

There are lots of interesting Mopar "quirks".

I bet it still has the left hand lug nuts on the driver's side.

Be aware/careful with that.
Good advice. I changed over to RH when installing disk brakes and switched out the '63 rear to a '65 Coronet dropping the tapered axles.

Auto Transport Service
Back