• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Messerschmitt is making a comeback

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
.....If you are French or eastern European.

I'm talking about the car, not the plane.

MESSERSCHMITT-Werke.DE | Kabinenroller

1724271954916.png

So a Polaris Slingshot, but with only one seat so they could make it too small and dress it up like a chopped VW Bug? Pass.

So a Polaris Slingshot, but with only one seat so they could make it too small and dress it up like a chopped VW Bug? Pass.
Driver plus one adult or two children as passengers. Not so much a Polaris as a near copy of the original Messerschmitt from 1955. Some people will like the attention they get, and won't have to pay too much for it (you won't find a Polaris Slingshot for anywhere near the Messerschmitt's starting price of $13,150) And will get about 60 mpg. while doing it.

Last edited:
I've touched that one above.
...and been inside "Bocks Car" behind it.

Last edited:
OP's pic is in Brazil?

One of "the boys"?

Kids. SMH.

@brewstergallery

1 month ago (edited)
Ned from Spain here for the mighty Mott ! Thanks for the reaction. Lead singer Ian Hunter sounds a bit like Dylan as he was a big fan. He also wrote some of the greatest lyrics and is a superb show man. Mick Ralphs on guitar wrote this and it sounds like a Bad Company song, which was his next band. The rest of the band are awesome particularly the under appreciated drummer Dale " Buffin" Griffin ! The production by Mr David Bowie is crushing. Saturday Gigs, Born Late '58, Violence, Crash St. Kidds, Alice, Pearl n Roy, Ballad of Mott, Foxy Foxy, Marionette, Honaloochie Boogie, I Wish I Was Your Mother, Hymn For The Dudes......
YouTube
1.7K views 1 month ago #nicknlexrequest #classicrock #70s

Aerosmith wasn't even on the bill as the opening in Oct 1973 with them on their US tour reference here.
Man Knows He Must Have Heard A Dave Matthews Band Song Sometime In His Life But Can't Place Where Or Why
Another fun related fact (or two).
The Messerschmidt Bf-109 fighters used in the movie were actually Spanish-built Buchons, built under license by the Spanish and being very similar to the Me-109 (Bf-109). The main difference was that a Merlin engine was used instead of the Daimler-Benz engine used in the German WWII fighters.

Auto Transport Service
Back