• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Model engines

Car #4

Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
I was given these engines today. Does anyone know if there were others? It would be great to get a big block and a small block to go with them. Maybe even a leaning tower of power.

DFD7B9CF-3A7E-47BD-9C34-7F319F9162EB.jpeg 2FB88612-7945-4913-8BC5-776AAD682A1F.jpeg

very cool pieces

I have one like Wayne (dadsbee)
posted above.
There’s a funny story that goes with it as well. Every year my darling wife would ask me what i wanted for Christmas and I would reply a 426 hemi! After about 4 years of that she came across one of these and when i opened it Christmas day she said “ There’s your dream engine babe”:lol:

I was given these engines today. Does anyone know if there were others? It would be great to get a big block and a small block to go with them. Maybe even a leaning tower of power.

View attachment 1202131 View attachment 1202132

Revell made this back in the day. A Really awesome assembly kit. You might be able to find one on ebay, marketplace or such:

RevellSlantSix1.jpg

RevellSlantSix2.jpg

RevellSlantSix3.jpg

RevellSlantSix4.jpg

View attachment 1202131 View attachment 1202132
I sold a lot of those back in the day. I stocked them on my Mac tool truck. They were made by Liberty Classics. No small blocks or slants that I know of.

I have those, I also have the Ford 427 SOHC and I think I have a Boss 429 in the f
Ford collectables I have from working at Ford dealers

When I moved I gave away 65 1/18 scale cars and four or five GM engines. I think I have four or five mopars and these two engines left.

If you find the slant 6 kit, those are very pricey. They have been out of production for years. Last time I saw an unbuilt one it was $400

And, when you're really, really into scale engines:

Last edited:
I got this one a while ago, can’t remember from where. It’s diecast and pretty heavy. I had to put it together, it has removable bolts and is pretty detailed to include head gaskets and rubber blower belt and plug wires, etc.

246C2E22-5543-4237-BABD-53D44E872A86.jpeg

590B2AE9-D69D-4109-94A2-BF068F9B2F6D.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back