• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar guy in Florida. New member here.

Cwhammons

Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Charlie and I’ve owned a 68 Charger since 1978. Recently I discovered that the fender tag information doesn’t jive with the VIN information. Trying to figure out how that can happen.

Hello, my name is Charlie and I’ve owned a 68 Charger since 1978. Recently I discovered that the fender tag information doesn’t jive with the VIN information. Trying to figure out how that can happen.
Welcome. Plenty of discussion on that topic here. However, we also live a bit vicariously thru other's cars and situations. So pics are VERY welcomed.

1719361180395.jpeg
post a pic of your car a tag.

Welcome from Alabama, we love pictures and to provide you the information you need, it's necessary.

Welcome from WNY, and "part time" fellow FL resident ! I think they've made car pics required for the WW ???

Welcome! What part is unjiving?

Naples, the most likely survivable location in the entire USA in WW3, you are downwind of practically nothing.

Welcome.

What doesn't jive?

The options?

68 doesn't have a VIN on the tag, it has the SO number.

Could that be it?

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Assembly line screw up
or
(?) someone pulling a fast one swapping fender tags

look under the back seat bottom
or the seatback of the back seat
or under the front seats
all or most of them are in the springs somewhere,
some in the top of the glove box,
All depending on what assembly plant
or whether they were put in one location or another
some have none some has several some not even the car it was supposed to
it's common curtesy to try to find the org. owner for the extra build sheets
Most of the cars usually has a build sheet
with all the actual stuff listed/detailed parts options etc.
your car came with, if they haven't been found, were changed or disturbed already

good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back