• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Aug

Moparfest 2024 - New Hamburg ON Canada - August 17 & 18

Did anyone go, considering the shitty weather forecast for Saturday

Weather does not look much better today either
I did not go this year cause of the weather
Almost 3 hour drive to do what ? Get wet ??

I called a friend who vends there yesterday morning. He said there were a lot of empty vendor's spots, and not the usual buyer's traffic. I told him that the weather radar showed that they were going to get a big storm about 11 am. As it turned out, a tornado touched down not too far south of New Hamburg, in Ayr. I live about 1 1/2 hours southwest of New Hamburg, and did not get a drop of rain; mostly sunny all day.

I was there Friday, pretty empty. A few vendors selling. Had to pick up some parts from a vendor that he transported for another friend.To much going on Saturday here at home, had pics taken with grandsons with the Stanley Cup. One of the players from the panthers is from Belle River

I went at around 12:30 PM on Saturday for an hour. it rained just before I got there, and rained when I left. Only took a few pics.

IMG_9474.jpeg

IMG_9475.jpeg

IMG_9471.jpeg

Seemed like a torrential downpour for a 1/2 hr to 45 minutes Saturday around 11:00. Friends I was with said the vendor numbers were way down, as were show car numbers. Friday night cruise-in was light.

Seemed like a torrential downpour for a 1/2 hr to 45 minutes Saturday around 11:00. Friends I was with said the vendor numbers were way down, as were show car numbers. Friday night cruise-in was light.
We didn’t take our cars, as the weather report was so bad. The show field was muddy when we left.

We didn’t take our cars, as the weather report was so bad. The show field was muddy when we left.
Thanks for coming from N.Y. state for the show, anyway. Too bad the weather was so crappy.

Auto Transport Service
Back