• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More 74 RR mega budget resto pics...

ramairthree

Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
not!

Driveway paint (under 100$), hood and side/roof stickers cut for 120$ total delivered, an ABS spoiler, a dash cap, a free 73 Satty interior minus front seats, random fitting front seats, a need for new tires, and here she is...

002-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

This car is not getting new seat foams and covers. It WAS going to get custom fit slip over padded covers- but the company decided it did not have the right patterns and measurements. A few seam splits in the rear got a spoonful or two of plasti-kote on them.

The front is getting seat covers. One pieced, pleather type. I thought I was getting a pair for 19$, but with kids from grade school to teenaged in tow, I was confused and it was only one seat cover.

003-2.jpg

All I can say is, if you were in HS anytime between 80 to 90, this puppy will give you a flashback to the average HS guy trying to live his muscle car dream on a part time budget! If you look close there will be a mirage of a bandana, tassle, or feathered clip hanging from the rear view mirror.

It still needs, in addition to tires,
me to get the front end tightened up
the rear view mirror to stop dangling like a disco ball
a heater core
another fine pleater front seat cover
a headliner
the rear pair of bumper to frame bolts (can't get them lined up, will prob. have to remove bumper and drill holes bigger)
rig up something to cover the rear bumper to body gap so my rear lights don't get rained on all the time
etc.

and a few minor things,
like a fuel tank without a suspicious looking glob of JB weld on the bottom
an engine that is not about to quit
a rear end that does not leak
a tranny without a lot of crazy whines

but other than that I am good

Lookin' good, at least your out there and not torn apart in the garage waiting on funds that always seem to end up going elsewhere! Nice to see someone who knows what his budget is and sticks to it.

Looking good bud! Glad you have it coming your way!!
thumbup.gif
Front end looks mean in all black....

Step 1: Remove screws on rearview mirror base.
Step 2: Install some high performance emory paper on the part where the ball contacts metal.
Step 3: Profit.

LOL!!

I graduated HS in '90...and had a '74 400 RR that looked very close to that, down to the blacked-out headlight bezels.

Nice ride.

Just proves you don't have to sink 100large into a project to be proud of it and enjoy yourself! And bluntly, sometimes it's more about the friendships you make than the dollars of the car...

memories

looking good:headbang: it takes me back to the mid 60's when i started. the 120 you spent on the decals would of bought 2 cars back then and 25.00 for hit me insurance you were mobile.

be patient and stay your course.:eusa_clap:

that's some good prices! By the early to mid 80s

I did get an Impala for 300$ and a 69 GTO for 800$ back when I was a teenager.

A couple of years later my first "new" car (one year old with 10K miles) cost me 200$ a month x 4 years after down payment, PLUS my insurance was 200$ a month!

You will laugh at the numbers now,
but an 85 Z28 with the LB9 was pretty much as good as you could get new for the money back then!

Auto Transport Service
Back