• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More LED bulb issues

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
I’m about ready to put the #1157 bulbs back in. First I had list directional operation. An electronic flasher resolved that. Went to a show over the weekend, left real early so I had parking lights on. I was told my brake lights are not working. Turn off the parking lights, brake lights work fine. The simple fix is put in the old bulbs but I’m a tad stubborn. Folks have told me I need to add a resistor to each bulb?
Any thoughts?

I have full chingchong no name brand LED's from Amazon everywhere in my Satellite, except headlights. Took an LED flasher module to correct the hyper flash, same as you, but I have added no resistors to make these work. They are nice and bright and park lights/brake lights work as they should.

I forget what car you have Dan. You have park lights, so maybe a grounding issue isn't the problem, but couldn't hurt to check.

I have full chingchong no name brand LED's from Amazon everywhere in my Satellite, except headlights. Took an LED flasher module to correct the hyper flash, same as you, but I have added no resistors to make these work. They are nice and bright and park lights/brake lights work as they should.

I forget what car you have Dan. You have park lights, so maybe a grounding issue isn't the problem, but couldn't hurt to check.
67 gtx
Just for shits and giggles did you ever actually check? Turn on the lights and have someone step on the brake.

I have had a similar problem, napa brand led 1157 replacements on my 67 and 70 Coronet. Several times people have told me one or both of my brake lights are out. Checked and they were right. Pulled the led's and re-installed them. Checked and they work again.

20240922_132325.jpg

67 gtx
Just for shits and giggles did you ever actually check? Turn on the lights and have someone step on the brake.

I'm the kinda guy who checks these things quite regularly before heading out for a cruise.

I can also look in my mirror and see my brake lights activating, either by a reflection in a store window or the obvious brighter lights up against my garage door.

Not rocket science.

'67 GTX, nice :)

I put Yokim brand leds in the taillights of my 69 GTX and they work great. No flasher issues at all. Three times as bright. First set died in 100 miles. They sent a free set when I posted a bad review. Those have gone 1000 miles or more now.

Auto Transport Service
Back