• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOTOR MOUNT QUESTION

Amata Bene

Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Are there motor mount replacements to fit an early 70"s model forged crank 340 into a 74 RR? When I pulled the motor Bubba had what closely resembles a lug nut taking up the gap on drivers side motor mount. There is a half inch difference from pass side to drivers, with the drivers being the smaller of the two.

The 340 is the same as all LA small blocks such as a 318 and a 360, just google "74 roadrunner motor mounts" and you will find plenty.

@RemCharger - Not trying to start any drama, however some explanation other than "no sir" would be nice.

OK so are you saying a 340 is not the same as the other LA engines or that the mounts are not available?

I had a 74 RR which originally came with a 318, I dropped a 340 right in it without issue. As I recall I used the exact same mounts.

I based my availability answer on a simple google search which as we know shows all manner of answers, most are not applicable so I cannot attest with any certainty as to the actual availability but the search "seemed" to indicate that they were available.

Last edited:
AS FAR I KNOW, for some reason I really don’t know, 340/360 73 and lates engine mounts are not the same than 318s

Dunno if some difference also related to block cast/year?

The posibility about a fit doesn’t mean a correct fit.

Ppl also fits BBs on SB 73 and lates K members. In Venezuela typically backwards because al 73/74 Chargers there got BBs and the dificulties about get BB parts made everybody change to a SBs, plenty of parts there.

drivers side ears are farther apart on a 340/360 than a 318.. you would need a different upper mount bracket or make a spacer (i would do spacer cause cheap) I believe that's correct..

drivers side ears are farther apart on a 340/360 than a 318.. you would need a different upper mount bracket or make a spacer (i would do spacer cause cheap) I believe that's correct..

73 and lates mounts are not two diff parts like previous years. They are one assembly

@RemCharger - Not trying to start any drama, however some explanation other than "no sir" would be nice.

OK so are you saying a 340 is not the same as the other LA engines or that the mounts are not available?

I had a 74 RR which originally came with a 318, I dropped a 340 right in it without issue. As I recall I used the exact same mounts.

I based my availability answer on a simple google search which as we know shows all manner of answers, most are not applicable so I cannot attest with any certainty as to the actual availability but the search "seemed" to indicate that they were available.
Here's where this convo started
Post in thread 'GIVE ME A BREAK' GIVE ME A BREAK

the 318/340 mount is the same, the 360 mount is narrower. NOW, I'm open to being corrected on which side of the fence the 340 is on. But I'm siding with you being the same as the 318.
Edit; think I'm wrong.. 340/ 360 the same..

Last edited:
LOL

YEAH but way more efficent and resistant. LOL

Talking about the same difference you mentioned… but on A bodies (no mention to the 340 but 360 ), using lates mount spool kind

motor mount question
ahh!!! i thought they switched to spool later... My car actually has "Floating Power" mounts... they are only $800 a pair.. now it has home-made solid mounts :)
1723574853200.jpeg

Right side 64-69 273 and Poly 318 and 67-91 318 block lug spacings are the same. 340 and 360 left side lugs are narrower than the 273-318 lugs. Left side 273-318 will fit in place of the 340-360 with a spacer.

Auto Transport Service
Back