• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

National Public Data Breach. Your personal info SS number, dob, name, addresses were leaked and free on the internet.

Sam69sat

Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score

2.7 billion records leaked in massive US data breach

Your sensitive data most likely has been leaked. Want to find out? Here's a website where you can input your name, state, and year your were born. It will show a list of people with that name and you can scan through the list to see if you're on it. It's pretty bad. I was reading it's free to do a "credit freeze" with the big 3 credit reporting agencies as opposed to a "credit lock" which is a paid service. I think i'm going to call the 3 agencies and have mine frozen. What are you guys doing to protect from identity theft?

Check if your data was leaked

Credit freeze vs Credit lock

It's easy to find the name, addresses, former addresses, phone numbers, property taxes, relatives, and all kinds of info on people on the web for free. Whether this is bad or not is subjective, but the bottom line is that this is the way the world works now. You can't stop this information. Pentester has used this free info to create an advertisement to scare people into buying their services.

But yes, if you have any concerns you can freeze your credit reports for free.

I got a letter from AT&T saying I was compromised.
I DID freeze my credit on all three services indefinitely.
I’m not sure what else I can do.
Any other suggestions out there?

Personally not too worried about it....

Nothing from nothing is still nothing..... :screwy:

My credit is also froze so tight it makes the SouthPole look like a summer resort, and I do ABSOLUTELY no on-line banking in any form what-so-ever....

Last edited:
A friend of mine paid a subscription for a service to protect him from identity theft. Their system got hacked, and he got compromised. He ended up doing the credit lock.

2.7 billion records leaked in massive US data breach

[/URL]

Your sensitive data most likely has been leaked. Want to find out? Here's a website where you can input your name, state, and year your were born. It will show a list of people with that name and you can scan through the list to see if you're on it. It's pretty bad. I was reading it's free to do a "credit freeze" with the big 3 credit reporting agencies as opposed to a "credit lock" which is a paid service. I think i'm going to call the 3 agencies and have mine frozen. What are you guys doing to protect from identity theft?

Check if your data was leaked
[/URL]

Credit freeze vs Credit lock
[/URL]
Problem: They want your email address.:hifu:

It's easy to find the name, addresses, former addresses, phone numbers, property taxes, relatives, and all kinds of info on people on the web for free. Whether this is bad or not is subjective, but the bottom line is that this is the way the world works now. You can't stop this information. Pentester has used this free info to create an advertisement to scare people into buying their services.

But yes, if you have any concerns you can freeze your credit reports for free.

That's different than having your ss number, dob, and probably a lot more info up for grabs to anyone on the internet.

I've been trying to do a "credit freeze" over the phone and online. You can't speak to anyone. They just tell you to go to their online site and try it. Then the online site couldn't verify me. Now resorting to the snail mail option. What a pain in the ***. I'm not paying each of these agencies $25 a month for a "credit lock". They're obligated by law to do a "credit freeze" at your request for free. I don't need credit either but i dont' want some ahole opening cards or taking out loans in my name.

My credit is also froze so tight it makes the SouthPole look like a summer resort, and I do ABSOLUTELY no on-line banking in any form what-so-ever....
1724178213247.png

:lol:

Just another method to familiarize All, to the upcoming cyber attacks, that are overdue...

2.7 billion people, that's a lot of info considering there are only 350 million people in the U.S.
I think they're referring to Individuals Records, meaning your various banks, IRA's, employers, licenses, etc ? Personally, I must have at least 25 over the years. We're thinking of freezing Our's to be safe now...

Just another method to familiarize All, to the upcoming cyber attacks, that are overdue...
There have already been more than a few, and that's just this year. Problem is, they all seem to get downplayed and nothing is done.
Then we get hit again. What's next? The banks and our actual money? The one that crippled the auto dealers was billed in the media as "just a computer bug that doesn't really affect everyone"....then came another, and another....sure seems like the "folks in charge" are, once again, cats chasing laser pointers (otherwise preoccupied) instead of actually doing what we "pay" them to do, protect the country from this kind of thing.
The credit freeze thing seems like a very good idea at this point.

I think they're referring to Individuals Records, meaning your various banks, IRA's, employers, licenses, etc ? Personally, I must have at least 25 over the years. We're thinking of freezing Our's to be safe now...

I searched my name and there were several records at old addresses. This info goes back 30 years supposedly and i believe it since i haven't lived at one of those addresses in approximately 30 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back