• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NE1 using K-Motion K-850 valve springs?

PsyOps

Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
Digging around the back of the shop & I found a new set of K-Motion K-850 dual valve springs. I'm thinking about using them with a MP aluminum Hemi head & 238/249 @ 050, 520/511 lift SFT cam. According to the catalog, K-850s are 135# @ 1.900 installed & 419# @ 1.250 open. Anyone have real world experience with these or any red flags against using them? I appreciate any thoughts.

That is a lot of open pressure for a FT cam. Have you thought of beehive or conical springs? Less pressure reqd & better valve train life. Comp # 26918 would work well & there are others....

That is a lot of open pressure for a FT cam. Have you thought of beehive or conical springs? Less pressure reqd & better valve train life. Comp # 26918 would work well & there are others....
Thanks for the response. I haven't looked at any other valve springs; just found these & thought I'd ask about them.

Auto Transport Service
Back