• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need flexible hose

old guys rule

Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Can't seem to find any hose flexible enough to snake into gas tank through filler neck to pump out old gas. Any ideas?

hook up an electric pump to the line and pump it out, or add line to the exsisting and hold lower than the car and use gravity

Aquarium filter pump with the small hose. Ask me how I know. Lol
I hot glued a squeeze bottle top like a all purpose squirt bottle on the bottom of the pump and hooked up a small hose, fed the hose in the tank and turned the pump on. Wah Lah. Might be more trouble than you want to go through. I was using what I already had laying around.

Last edited:
hook up an electric pump to the line and pump it out, or add line to the exsisting and hold lower than the car and use gravity
I have a pump. Can't find hoes flexible enough to sneak into the tank. Can't believe this is a problem for me. Whatever you think let me know.

does car still have a fuel line connected to the tank, that is what i was referring to use

Check Amazon. Many types of hand operated pumps for transferring fuel.

Use 1/4" ID fuel line, that will slide right in. Takes a little longer to pump out, but it works.

fuel line going into mechanical fuel pump from the tank, under the hood would be my first choice but if you have a electric fuel pump, anywhere between there and the carburator with a way to connect a fuel line hose to the electric fuel pump to pump into a can and obviously make sure no leaks and isolate and insulate the connections the fuel pump wires from sparking

fuel line going into mechanical fuel pump from the tank, under the hood would be my first choice but if you have a electric fuel pump, anywhere between there and the carburator with a way to connect a fuel line hose to the electric fuel pump to pump into a can and obviously make sure no leaks and isolate and insulate the connections the fuel pump wires from sparking
I have a mechanical fuel pump. Have no reasonable answer for why I didn't think of this accepting maybe too many birthdays. LOL

Heard you can run the fuel supply line into a can, put air nozzle in tank, stuff a rag around it to seal it and blow the air nozzle and the fuel will come out the line.

Heard you can run the fuel supply line into a can, put air nozzle in tank, stuff a rag around it to seal it and blow the air nozzle and the fuel will come out the line.
That's what I do, disconnect fuel line anywhere you want, then pressurize the tank with a few PSI of air.

That's what I do, disconnect fuel line anywhere you want, then pressurize the tank with a few PSI of air.
Emphasis on FEW... otherwise it's balloony tank

And be careful with static electricity or you'll blow yourself up! If you want to get all the way to the back
of the tank on a B Body, use nylon ties and a straight piece of dowel rod about 36" long to get to the
lowest spot and siphon it out.

Auto Transport Service
Back