• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help finding this part?????????, please.

b_body_hopeful

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1973 RR and am redoing the interior. Before I get too far tearing it all apart,
I was wondering if someone could help
identify the part(s) that are missing from this picture? :eusa_pray:
vbpgimage.php

I have stationary rear windows and I need to purchase the "rubber" or what ever that goes in between the
window and the rear sail. Both sides are missing from the last PO rebuild. I have looked thru my manuals
and can't seem to find what goes here. I have been watching many great rebuilds on the forum and just know
someone has the answer.

Thanks in advance Dennis.

Are you positive something goes there?

Do you have a bigger picture? Try Steel Rubber Products.

You are correct. There is a widow seal that goes there that actually clips to the edge of the seal. It usually comes as part of the seal kit and never gets installed because they are a pain to put in and have stay.... The new clips ( when they come) never fit quite right... Ended up gluing mine in.

Heres a picture of mine....

image.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Yep, that's what is missing....do I need to get the whole seal kit? If so, can you give me more info on where to get it and what I really need to ask for?

Thanks
vbpgimage.php

- - - Updated - - -

bump

Those would be inner belt moldings, you can get crappy ones from year one, or call Dave at Restoration Specialties and get a set. A complete kit comes with inner and outers that go on the door and quarter glass, plus inners that go on the door panel, rear panel, and sail panel.

FYI Steel Rubber will refer you to Restoration Specialties.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what they look like, from left to right, original, restoration specialties, crap year one actually made by "First Place Auto Products".
IMAG1876small.jpg
IMAG1877small.jpg

I will have to call Dave tomorrow and ask why his don't come with clips. That's the only issue I have seen otherwise his quality is top notch!

WOW !!! Thanks, I will call Dave. Great site. Knowledgeable individuals with many years of experience and not afraid to answer
some really hard questions. Thanks a lot again.
Dennis

Cat topwiskers is the best brand ALTHOUGHT, the outer quarters are still not the correct ones

I just bought a set of top cat whiskers for my 72 Charger SE. Real happy with them.

yeap, top catwiskers... no cat topwiskers LOL.

I got them and REALLY happy... the only detail was the outer quarters are not EXACTLY CORRECT although WAY BETTER than the rest of repros available... It seems at the time I bought the set the manufacturer of the weatherstrips got out of bussines or out of stock of the correct stripes and they had to get a new one.

Thank you all. Good, I will look at Top Catwiskers hahaha, or cat topwiskers or wiskers for topcat ..... for the belt line 10
piece wetherstriping.

Den

Auto Transport Service
Back