• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with 66-67 satellite front suspension

delfinomuro

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
So when I bought the car. The ENTIRE FRONT SUSPENSION WAS GONE INCLUDING K-FRAME. So I found K-frame and steering linkage thanks to one of FBBO members. I have a couple of questions of the suspension though.

What bolts are needed to bolt on The K-frame?
Exactly how are the shocks mounted?
Is there a sway bar in front of K-frame? if so I'll be needing it so somebody make me offers so I can buy.
Theres 2 bars that run from the K-frame to the chassis right underneath the front seats, what are that called? I need them somebody sell them to me pls

Thanks guys I hope some will post pictures so I can get a better look at how's everything set up.
Fino

TRUST ME I'VE TRIED ONLINE AND NOTHING ON DIAGRAMS OF HOW IT'S SET UP.

Those "bars" that go under the seats are the springs.

x2 on the manual.

Fino,

-I have at least 3 good K frame bolts....I should be able to dig up the fourth.....give me a day or so to look.
-Shocks have a stud at the top that goes through to the engine compartment and they attach via a through bolt on the lower control arm
-Sway bars were optional in most years. The lower control arms I sold you aren't set up for a sway bar...you could always go aftermarket down the road
-Torsion bars are probably best bought new....you don't want to get used and install them opposite as the original installation...I found some new for around $200

Do you have the upper control arm cam bolts?

Dave

No you don't know what bars I'm talking about. They are connected from the chassis to the K-frame, there's 2 of them, one on each side.

Those "bars" that go under the seats are the springs.

x2 on the manual.

- - - Updated - - -

Sup Dave,
still waiting on the stuff lol

And no I don't have the upper control arm bolts, do you?
Shouldve sent them K-Frame bolts along with k-frame lol oh well that ship has sailed. How much would you sell them to me along with shipping.
Thanks again Dave

Fino,

-I have at least 3 good K frame bolts....I should be able to dig up the fourth.....give me a day or so to look.
-Shocks have a stud at the top that goes through to the engine compartment and they attach via a through bolt on the lower control arm
-Sway bars were optional in most years. The lower control arms I sold you aren't set up for a sway bar...you could always go aftermarket down the road
-Torsion bars are probably best bought new....you don't want to get used and install them opposite as the original installation...I found some new for around $200

Do you have the upper control arm cam bolts?

Dave

Pretty sure those are the torsion bars, and they are the springs, but with an attitude like that, I'll bow out.

Good luck.

Cool thanks okie

YY1, I ddnt state that with an attitude sorry if you took it that way. And yes those are the torsion bars juz learned that yesterday. I juz don't understand exactly how they work as springs, pls help me here.

Cool thanks okie

YY1, I ddnt state that with an attitude sorry if you took it that way. And yes those are the torsion bars juz learned that yesterday. I juz don't understand exactly how they work as springs, pls help me here.
They twist ( torsion ) just like on a 4 wheel drive truck.

Auto Transport Service
Back