• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help

BIG DON

Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
I have a 63 polara want to do a disc brake conversion up front , i have a magnum front clip can i use these parts to up grade my 63 ,any info would be appriciated . Don

I have a 63 polara want to do a disc brake conversion up front , i have a magnum front clip can i use these parts to up grade my 63 ,any info would be appriciated . Don

You are talking 78-79 magnum right? If so the parts should swap but you will need to run 15" wheels or larger.

make sure you run a dual chamber master cyl. The single chamber will not provide enough flow for disks.

This brings up a question: the write ups that I've seen say to use knuckles from a 73-76 A body or 73-74 E body, and give specific dimensions to go by.

Here's the article I read:
http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

They state to not use "knuckles from later Mopars, such as 73-up B/R-bodies, F/J/M bodies, etc." with this picture as a reference:
02.jpg

A friend of mine says he uses the taller knuckles all the time, instead of the one's in the article, and never has a problem. This is the set up that he sold me, but others have referred me to the article and advised me not to use the knuckles that he sold me.

Any merit to this?

Those knuckles will be just fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back