• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need input on new seat foam

Under Pressure

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
Time to have the original foam replaced on my 1970 GTX bucket seats, what is a good source/supplier?
I plan on pulling the seats and taking to a local auto interior business due to a couple springs needing repair.
I see Legendary, Classic Industries, and a few others.
Suggestions/experiences appreciated
Thanks!

I believe Classic and Year One and many others will be selling Legendary foam - an appropriate name considering their legendary backlog of orders and waiting list.

There are probably a couple other suppliers but they are over shadowed by Legendary

Sounds like I should get my order in then if I want to get by spring
Thanks

I hope so, I would like to get by this coming April/May
Wasn’t aware of long lead times until mentioned here (haven’t ordered from them before)

Lead times vary by product. Seat covers seem to run the longest. 8 months on the last set I ordered. A vinyl top recently took 2 months and I ordered a head liner in December and it was just 3 weeks. Not sure on foam though.

I ordered seat covers and foam from Legendary in July, expect covers in March. Foam was delivered in September.

A few years back Jegs had Legendary foam.

You ask any upholstery place and they really like the Legendary foam.

Time to have the original foam replaced on my 1970 GTX bucket seats, what is a good source/supplier?
I plan on pulling the seats and taking to a local auto interior business due to a couple springs needing repair.
I see Legendary, Classic Industries, and a few others.
Suggestions/experiences appreciated
Thanks!

If you can fix the springs yourself, do it. Then do the seats yourself and save a lot of time, aggravation and $$$. I did it. Legendary has video on YouTube.

Thanks all for your input on this, I’ll order from Legendary.
Also gonna look into doing this myself, I’ve done everything else with cars, just never this
Appreciate you all!

I ordered the seat foam for my 70 Charger from Legendary. They said it would take 2-4 months. 3 weeks after I ordered them, they showed up at my door.

Auto Transport Service
Back