• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Needle Scaler

mosquito13

Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
picked up one from HB today. they only had the mini 4000 bpm at 90 psi using 4cfm $29. works great. needed to clean up my boat trailer to ospho and rustcoat. wanted to get the large that does 4600 bpm and has 19 needles but out of stock ... the little one is a big air hog my 90 gal 3 piston cycled a lot in the 3 hours i worked on the trailer. needles still sharp no rounding . be to rough on sheet but for frame work should be the ticket. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-j2Ztkf_5A

That sounds like a very useful tool to have when pulling a car to pieces. :icon_thumright:

I found that using one of those takes most of the undercoating of quite easily.

Well that looks a lot easier and more fun than the way I did mine. :icon_thumright:

mainly used for taking off the flux when using flux core welding wire, but also works for that haha.

When going over the bodywork for sheetmetal replacement, i found this to be a very handy tool. If there was a spot of rust i would use the needle gun. You'll quickly find the extent of the rust. Quite often I'd have a 1/8" or smaller spot which became areas 2" x 3" and more.

I got one just for knocking off the dried-on crud underneath my mower deck. Darn dirt dries on like concrete.
Scaler is much easier getting into corners, around nuts, bolts, and curves than using say a putty knife.

We used these all the time when I was on the USS Saratoga to get paint, tile adhesive, rust, and other crap off steel decks.

We used these all the time when I was on the USS Saratoga to get paint, tile adhesive, rust, and other crap off steel decks.

you must have POed the section chief else they would have given you a deck crawler...usually the needle guns were used in tight to get to places..ship upkeep is a never ending job...never made it onboard of the Saratoga itself but did some communication equipment overhaul for them at the shipyard years and years back...

Auto Transport Service
Back