• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Commer SR70

SR70

Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
G'day There from Down Under, been a Mopar fan forever, never thought I'd own one, (stupidly passed up too many obtainable opportunities way back when) so thought I'd missed the boat, but an unbelievable chance prevailed and so jumped on it. However, it is a complete basket case, but essentially all there, but will be quite the job to revive. However long it takes, it takes. Won't be letting it go. Haven't gotten into the original build details etc as yet, and yet to talk over with current owner in depth as to what he knows. He's fairly knowledgeable on Mopars, having owned his '70 Challenger since 1974, along with a '70 Barracuda 318 car since around 1980. He's a long time friend of mine and has realised that time is not his friend, and called on me to take it on if I wanted, and well...here we are. So it is a1970 Charger, an original 440 auto car needs several panels/floors etc. Which he'd already purchased, another bonus. Anyhow. I'm not much of a poster, but will be visiting on n off over time. And though I may not post/comment, I'll hit the like button, so please accept that as my way of respect for those who do. Scotty! ✌️

welcome-5.gif

Welcome to the site! Cool project, Sounds like your friend is realizing we can't always save them all, a few need to be passed along....
Likes are fine but posts are better, we need to see what's happening down in your part of the world.... Weird cars, Pretty women, Strange animals, angry snakes, big *** spiders...... You folks live an exciting life...

G'day There from Down Under, been a Mopar fan forever, never thought I'd own one, (stupidly passed up too many obtainable opportunities way back when) so thought I'd missed the boat, but an unbelievable chance prevailed and so jumped on it. However, it is a complete basket case, but essentially all there, but will be quite the job to revive. However long it takes, it takes. Won't be letting it go. Haven't gotten into the original build details etc as yet, and yet to talk over with current owner in depth as to what he knows. He's fairly knowledgeable on Mopars, having owned his '70 Challenger since 1974, along with a '70 Barracuda 318 car since around 1980. He's a long time friend of mine and has realised that time is not his friend, and called on me to take it on if I wanted, and well...here we are. So it is a1970 Charger, an original 440 auto car needs several panels/floors etc. Which he'd already purchased, another bonus. Anyhow. I'm not much of a poster, but will be visiting on n off over time. And though I may not post/comment, I'll hit the like button, so please accept that as my way of respect for those who do. Scotty! ✌️
Welcome from across the ditch in New Zealand. :thumbsup:

Obviously pictures of your beast will be called for by others....you can easily upload from a smart phone.

From the thread title, I thought you actually meant a Commer as in the van....

:lol:

Welcome from across the ditch in New Zealand. :thumbsup:

Obviously pictures of your beast will be called for by others....you can easily upload from a smart phone.

From the thread title, I thought you actually meant a Commer as in the van....

:lol:

Welcome from NE of you on the central coast of Cal. After a brief swim of course.

IMG_5212.jpeg

Welcome from Alberta, Canada. Always nice to hear about other ongoing '70 Charger projects like mine, it's great to compare notes. Mine just got done body & paint after decades of slumbering in my garage and going through the painstaking reassembly process. Good luck with yours, hope to see you post a topic in the "Member's Projects & Restorations" section to document your progress.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck with the 70 Charger & others

Welcome from Alabama, Gen II Chargers need to be seen.

Auto Transport Service
Back