• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy and gal

oldcane

Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi, we just got a '73 Charger SE yesterday. This one is for my wife's DD. It's a 400 with a fair cam in it so we'll see how that goes. Interior is really nice. We need a dash cap and that's about it. It had an electric fuel pump under the hood. Not good. Was running rough and backfiring, got a little better on the 70 mile drive home but we put on a new mechanical and problem solved.

It has a little rust in one side in a quarter panel and a ding from a deer but underneath it looks great. Headers, new exhaust with flowmasters, cragers and BFG t/a's. New radiator, electric fan (she hates that) and pretty clean under the hood overall. Needs shocks. Maybe this spring we'll get the a/c back on but she's been doing ok driving around without it for the last year in her other vehicle so she may want to leave it off. We'll see how global warming goes.

She's wanting a power bulge hood so a little searching here turned up VFN. Looks good so when we get ready to paint (we have a mach 1 and el camino ahead of it) we'll probably swap over.

I know, I know "pictures". I should have grabbed the ones the seller had before he pulled the ad last night. Maybe I can get some today. There's a big orange ball in the sky today. Either winter is breaking or it's some kind of alien invasion.

I was never much of a dodge guy. Always had corvettes when I was younger but I have to say, after driving this thing around yesterday I see the appeal. I'm 6'3 and didn't even have to have the seat all the way back, no tilt wheel but wasn't a problem getting in or out under it. It rides great even though it needs shocks. Handles real good for a BB. I may be coming around......

Looks like a great site so hope to be talking to you all soon. I know I'll have lots of questions.

Welcome aboard to you and the wife oldcane......

I hear you on the orange ball in the sky...I see spots when I stare at it and it produces heat...Don't know how else to explain it. Very strange

Welcome!! glad to have another convert!!! and yes you are correct...

:worthless_thread:

Welcome aboard you two!!Which one of you were lurking over here??This place is great,isn't it??

It's the HE. The SHE doesn't really do forums. Not sure why. Maybe she figures I know everything she will ever need to know. Maybe she just thinks she already knows more than everyone here. Not like that's ever happened before.....

Thanks all. And yes it does look like a great place with great folks.

welcome to the two of you.is this a husband/wife project?{husband does the work,wife drives them}

Tha't about right. Although, she does have to supervise everything we do.

Finally took a picture.

charger1.jpg

Nice looking car and yeah a bulge hood would look great ...Cant argue with a woman that likes Mopar

Oh you ment for 3rd gen. Charger!, disregaurd my post in your thread about bulge hoods.
Nice car BTW.

That's ok. Just ax'in'.

And '72, you actually can argue with a woman that likes mopar. It's about as effective as arguing with any other.......

As you all can tell, she doesn't know we have a computer. If she did she'd be spending all of the life insurance money on a '70 R/T.

Oldcane & better half welcome to BBO forum. Nice project.

Auto Transport Service
Back