• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member and project car, sentimental to me!

Wcotner96

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals, thanks for having me on here. Recently inherited my uncles 1970 roadrunner( he bought it when he was 15) unfortunately he passed away a few months ago due to bone cancer.

This is non running currently, has a 440 with the 727. Factory was 383.

Original color was white.

I do have an issue with it as it was in storage for awhile and the 440 won’t spin fully. All 8 pistons move about an 1/8” when pushing back and forth on the crank. It’s a 66 block. Heads are off and I just took starter off thinking it was seizing the flywheel(no change). Would the transmission cause this if something wasn’t set right?

My other photos are too big to post.

Sorry if this is not the correct area for this form. I’d love some help.

Thanks Everyone
Wes

IMG_1164.jpeg

27223D66-888B-4F5C-B3B8-DF411D6FDFE6.jpeg

Way cool, I am sorry to hear about your uncle, I would put down oil, or marvel mystery and let it sit in the combustion chamber over night and try rotating again the next day

Welcome from Alabama, nice project. You will probably get better answers in the correct part of the forum, but I recommend pulling all the spark plugs and adding marvel mystery oil in all the cylinders. Let it sit for a few hours then try rocking the engine back and forth again. If it's going to free up, several attempts here will do it.

Way cool, I am sorry to hear about your uncle, I would put down oil, or marvel mystery and let it sit in the combustion chamber over night and try rotating again the next day
Thank you, yea I did that and let it sit for a couple days. Tried spinning and nothing. Pulled heads and the pistons move just a tiny bit but feels like it’s hits something because it just stops

Thank you, yea I did that and let it sit for a couple days. Tried spinning and nothing. Pulled heads and the pistons move just a tiny bit but feels like it’s hits something because it just stops

Family cars are very special :thumbsup:

The trans won't stop it from spinning. Keep soaking it and turning back and forth. It can take some time. If after a week or two it's not freeing up, you'll have to pull the oil pan and look inside.

Family cars are very special :thumbsup:

The trans won't stop it from spinning. Keep soaking it and turning back and forth. It can take some time. If after a week or two it's not freeing up, you'll have to pull the oil pan and look inside.
Sounds like a plan! Thank you

newwelcome.jpg
Condolences on your uncle (I have a laser-focused hatred of cancer, evil shiyat that it is (6 time survivor myself)).
You keep after that 440, it'll likely give sooner or later - and if it doesn't, no worries getting another engine in
that rascal, it's not that hard to do. :thumbsup:

Very cool project, 70 RR, great bones & great start
sorry to hear about your loss, that sucks, but got a nice car to remember him by

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from one state south of you on the central coast. Sorry to hear about your uncle.

IMG_5143.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back