• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from State of Kuwait

Welcome, from the middle of the Pacific ocean. I have a 70 Coronet too.
IMG_20240527_203152.jpg
Let's see some pics of your Coronet.

Last edited:
Hello from Minnesota USA, what's the story on that coronet? How did it end up in Kuwait?

First of all I apologise for my English writing

My dream is to own on of these mopar muscle cars

First I start to search for chargers especially 1969 ones and o found some chargers and roadrunner with good prices after emailing then they were scams

Last Jan I found 2 coronets was on ebay for bidding one was all original and the one I owned now

I won the bid in this one after that I call some one who used to bring cars to kuwait and he call the owner which I annoyed him from lot of questions , the reason why I pick this car specifically because I haven't seen one here where I love and I think its rare to see coronets every where especially RT and it has a performance engine and I love these cars if it's fast

Alot of thought but I can not explain it in English , its like dream came true

...it has a performance engine and I love these cars if it's fast...

Yes, these engines have a lot of torque and power which is what makes them (in my opinion) so fun to drive. BUT, please recognize that with poor tuning, they can have poor performance. When you get a chance to work on the car, I highly recommend that you do some performance tuning. I will assume that you have very little experience with these engines. Maybe you will know all of what I write below, but hopefully some is helpful.

I will try to write this simply so the English is not complicated.

First, get the car running so it idles on its own and you can rev the engine to about 3500 RPM with the carburetor. Then you need to work on timing. The engine in your car will probably want about 36 to 38 degrees of total timing (above 3000 RPM and with vacuum advance disconnected). Your distributor mechanical advance should provide about 22 of those degrees. So that means your static timing (by turning the whole distributor) should be around 14 to 16 degrees. (Example: 15 degrees of static timing + 22 of mechanical advance = 37 degrees of total timing.)
But you need to make sure the timing curve of the 22 degrees from the distributor is a good curve. The distributor mechanical advance needs to start around 1000 RPM, and then needs to increase until eventually at around 2800 to 3000 RPM, it will provide about 22 degrees of extra engine timing. (Note that for a distributor, this is 11 degrees of distributor timing.)
Once this part is timed correctly, then you will need to work on vacuum advance, which also adds timing when the engine has high vacuum. Vacuum advance adds up to about 14 degrees of timing. Many vacuum pots can be adjusted with an allen wrench.
Once timing is set well, then further tuning of the carburetor should be done to make sure the car gets the right amount of fuel it needs.

What I have written above is very basic information. There is much more to know about these things and tuninig an engine. But hopefully this may be of help to get you started on the right path. If you choose to have your distributor done by others, there is a great vendor here @HALIFAXHOPS who can rebuild and recurve your distributor for you (I don't know how complicated shipping might be).

Good luck with your car and have fun!

Auto Transport Service
Back