• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member ready for all the advice!

66Tx

Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi y’all! I am so glad to be in with this group!!!! This car was my uncle’s when he was younger and she has been outside for a long time. Just got her to her new home and am so excited to start restoring her. She has no motor, does have transmission. I have no clue where to even start with this so any suggestions are appreciated!!

IMG_7308.jpeg

IMG_7307.jpeg

IMG_7306.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

Welcome aboard! Looks like it has good bones, perhaps just a good power wash for the outside.

What's the inside like?

Does it have the fender tag, if so send us the picture so we can see what options it has.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Good luck with your Charger project. Thanks for your pictures.

Now the fun starts. Body looks pretty good. It is like a blank canvas make it like you want it. Or go original. Keep us up to date. :thumbsup:

Welcome from NY.

My advice is start with the brakes.
You have to be able to stop before you start.

Small block or Big block car? (5th letter in the VIN#)
I don't see any emblems on the side of the front fender.

Welcome aboard! Looks like it has good bones, perhaps just a good power wash for the outside.

What's the inside like?

Does it have the fender tag, if so send us the picture so we can see what options it has.
The front windows are down and I can’t roll them up. I’m going to try to mess with them this weekend then definitely a power wash. The seats need to be redone or replaced. This is a dumb question but where is fender tag located?

Welcome from NY.

I think it was a 318. And yes, breaks sound like a great place to start! Thank you

I was talking about the emblem on the front fender between the wheel and the door about halfway up.
If you open the drivers door and look towards the lower hinge you should see a VIN tag.

Welcome from NJ. Nice project!

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

Welcome 66Tx, from Caledonia (Grand Rapids), MI! Cheers, Tommy

Fender tag location...
20240905_104256.jpg
20210710_082106.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome! I love those early Chargers! I’d start by pulling the seats and especially the carpets to see if the floors can be saved.

Welcome from the central coast of the former home state of your new neighbors.

IMG_5143.jpeg

You now own a first generation Charger. That is awesome. Get ready for a journey. Seriously, you'll be amazed at the knowledge and friends you'll gain! As to your question starting off....hmmmm....here's some advice:

Look around your garage/shop and decide where this necessary sign will go...

1725550626462.png

Smile!! Tommy

Welcome from NY.

If that 5th letter is an H.
Then PM me and no-one else here.
Just me.

Auto Transport Service
Back