• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member with some B-bodies

Vaanth

Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Gary and I've been working on Chrysler products since I was eight years old and have been driving them almost as long. I have several Mopars and also recently joined For A-Bodies Only and will likely be joining For E-Bodies Only with my two T/As soon. I'm a retired engineer that has worked in the defense industry, satellite communications, telecommunications, computer systems administration, data center builds and operations, and my last 14 years were at Google as a hardware test engineer and technical writer.

I have four B-bodies:

- 1967 Belvedere GTX. This was purchased from a junkyard in 1986 half parted out and cut up with no drivetrain. It now has a later model 440 and different 67 automatic transmission, both that I rebuilt. I added a 3.54SG Dana60. The suspension has been modified some with stiffer springs, urethane front sway bar bushings, rear sway bar, and gas shocks. The wheels are Wheel Vintiques 15x6. Front disc brakes from a late A-body were added. It has been converted to electronic ignition with 70s style Mopar orange plug wires, Direct Connection chrome valve covers and a chrome alternator housing with internals built by me. It has a Belvedere II rear finish panel and tail lights. I also added a factory reverb out of a 67 Chrysler 300 for it's AM/FM radio plus rear speaker. This reverb mounts in the trunk and was made by Hammond Organ Company for Chrysler. The car is not original, but mostly stock or stock appearing like all my cars.

GTX2.jpg

GTX.jpg

PXL_20231214_161924347.jpg

PXL_20231214_162013283 (1).jpg

Pardon the leaf...

- 1977 Plymouth Fury Police: I've had this car since 1986. It is undergoing bodywork now for a repaint in black&white with NOS bumpers, grille, mirrors, light lenses & assemblies, etc. The car is an original A38 (RK41) police package car with 380,000 miles on the original un-rebuilt engine. I did rebuild the transmission in the 90s. Both will get a refresh soon. It's essentially stock with 1974 high performance manifolds and dual exhaust replacing the original exhaust, and also some improvements to its police suspension including Direct Connection front subframe iron mounts, plus 1978 slotted police wheels replacing its original un-slotted wheels. I added Sure Grip to the original 3.21 9-1/4 rear axle. The original Electronic Lean Burn system was replaced with a Direct Connection distributor with a stock blue ECU and the original Thermo-Quad was modified with added vacuum advance, then later replaced with a different Therm-Quad.
Fury.jpg

PXL_20221024_193055923 (1).jpg

- 1970 Charger 500: We purchased this car in 1979 for my mother. She drove it for years, but the weather took its toll on the roof under the vinyl top. The top had been replaced by a non-Mopar type before we got it, and it did not fare well. The car came to me and has been in storage awaiting its turn. It is a factory 383 Magnum with automatic, column shift, bucket seats with fold-down center, and AC (removed). It is originally Plum Crazy with white vinyl top and black houndstooth interior. I did a ring/bearing/gasket quick rebuild on it in 1980 but otherwise it is all stock except for Direct Connection chrome valve covers and electronic ignition. I converted it to front disc brakes a few years before a well known article about that topic in a certain Mopar magazine, but I used 73 B-body parts which that source frowned upon. Here it has Super Coupe 15x8 rear wheels with Magnum GT 15x7 front wheels with Rallye center caps.
Charger_500.JPG

1969 Road Runner: I've owned this since the late 80s, but it's also in storage awaiting its turn. It's originally a 383 4-speed with 3:23SG. It came with its original transmission and rear axle, but a different 1964 383. It was painted blue over the original green by the previous owner. It also has a green interior with bucket seats. It's an original Air Grabber car. Its original hood is in storage. It has a Satellite hood in the picture. The wheels are 15x7 M-body wheels. It has since been cleaned up and put under cover from this picture. I neglected to take any newer pictures of it. It needs a lot of work, which will eventually happen.
RoadRunner_69.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from WNY, and that's a Nice Set of B-Bod's ! Feel free to post pics of 'em when you get the urge !!!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Gary. You have a nice collection of Mopars. I really like your '67 GTX. I have a '67 R/T and adapted an AM/FM radio from a 1966 Chrysler into it, including the reverberator. This mounts under my rear seat, as it did in the Chrysler. Thanks for your pictures.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

2 new T/As :thumbsup:

cool cars

Welcome, from the middle of the Pacific ocean. Nice collection you have.

Nice fleet of Mopars.
And I sure can appreciate your innovation :thumbsup:

And welcome to FBBO from NY!

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Nice stable.

Nice collection and welcome from wny

Auto Transport Service
Back