• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

branch.t_36

Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
New member here from NW Ohio. My project is a 1966 Dodge Charger 383/727. I bought it in February of 2023. It didn’t run. Had some cancer in the quarter panels. The passenger floor pan was rotted out. The rear bumper pan was rotted out. Hardly any of the parts were installed. It was basically a rolling shell with no interior, no glass, and a lot of boxes full of parts. I’ve worked on cars my whole life but this is the biggest project I’ve done myself. I’ve done everything but the paint. My uncle helped with that part in trade for some mechanical work. It’s about 90% done and it runs and drives. Next step is finishing some trim, some more interior work, and replacing the power steering gearbox. At this point, I’m not sure if I want to go with a new fast ratio gearbox from Lares or if I should save up some money for a Borgeson setup.

IMG_7711.jpeg

IMG_7704.jpeg

IMG_7710.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_1211.jpeg

IMG_2939.jpeg

IMG_7068.jpeg

IMG_7229.jpeg

IMG_7230.jpeg

IMG_7404.jpeg

Nice. Welcome from the central coast of Cal. If you decide to go Borgeson, get it from Peter at BAC. One of our sponsors here and you'll get EVERYTHING you need for the swap. Unlike many other sellers.

IMG_5156.jpeg

Nice. Welcome from the central coast of Cal. If you decide to go Borgeson, get it from Peter at BAC. One of our sponsors here and you'll get EVERYTHING you need for the swap. Unlike many other sellers.

View attachment 1713812
I was looking at the complete kit from Jegs but I’m open to suggestions. It’s the same kit I found on the Borgeson website but I could use a promo code and also free shipping. It comes with the new gearbox, pump, lines, and the coupler.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Congratulations on the completion of your project. Thanks for the pictures.

Check in with Peter. His coupler requires no hacking. Plus he's a serious Mopar dude and not a kid driving a ricer with no car knowledge.

Welcome from Alabama, I see tons of work done. Looks like you are about done.

Good start to joking the family.
You brought pictures!
Welcome from NY.

Looks great now, congrats

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Auto Transport Service
Back