• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Zealand Police involved in slow-speed pursuit. . .

kiwigtx

International Mod of Mystery
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
. . .of an elderly double-amputee man yesterday afternoon.

A Timaru mobility scooter user who sparked a slow speed pursuit says his newfound fame is "hilarious".

Double amputee Charlie Durham was captured on video out-manoeuvering a police car with its lights and sirens blaring on Wednesday afternoon.

"It sounded like an ice-cream truck and I didn't want any ice-cream," Durham said.

The video, later posted on social media, shows the police car trying to cut Durham off a number of times - but he manages to evade them and hoon his scooter past in his bid for freedom.

upload_2019-8-23_9-22-58.png

chased by a pink police car, to boot

the girls screeching/laughter, narrations was the best

:drama:

chased by a pink police car, to boot
The colour is a bit off in that video clip....that shade of red/orange/pink is used by our motorway (freeway) pursuit police....they are allegedly the ones trained in high-speed driving, and are used to target our busiest roads. That begs the question as to why he was meandering around a suburban street pursuing an old man on a mobility scooter in the first place. Must have been a bit light on his quota for the month.

The best part of this story for me was that my mentor, and friend, Terry, who recently retired, moved to Timaru only a few weeks ago to enjoy his twilight years. And to cap it off, he was a Police Seargent years ago after retiring from the NZ Navy. So, as expected ...all of his friends are giving him a bit of stick after this story was on TV last-night. :D

Sounded like an ice cream truck...

I wonder how long he sat on that joke waiting for a chance to use it?

Auto Transport Service
Back