• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie from SoCal

Alx69RR440

Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Hello All,

I’m Alex a new member from Rancho Palos Verdes in the Los Angeles area of Southern California. Within the last month I sold my 67 Dart GT and purchased a 69 RR OG 383 that now has a 440. I came to this forum from the A body side and wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

About my new B body

The good: I got the original #’s matching 383 and A833 currently not installed but I got them. I bought the car from the second owner and still has the black California plates. All mechanical components have been gone through. It has a Bob Lambeck built 440 (I have all the receipts). Interior is in good condition no rips or tears.

The bad: rust spots that need immediate attention on the doors, rockers and rear window corner. I’m proficient in mechanical issues but totally clueless when it comes to body work and paint so I was hoping that some of the Southern California members can chime in and recommend a good body shop that can tackle the rust and paint. The car will be a driver so show quality is not in the budget. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0355 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0355 (Small).JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0344 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0344 (Small).JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0360 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0360 (Small).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0358 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0358 (Small).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
welcome alex, well you joined 1 hell of site here, great people and boat loads of information,,,, ive been into mopars for 30+ years and still learn alot from here...
my brain is full of useless information lol,,,, again welcome looks like a great runner you got there, i have a runner also but of the 71 vintage,,, had many cars,,, a/b/c e/
just about all of em ....
also that rust is nothing compared too what we have here in the north east

WELCOME ABOARD ALEX. GLAD YOU JOINED FBBO.We got some great guys on here.

Thank you

Thank you all for the warm welcome. My first experience with a forum was on the A body side and I'm sure the B body guys/gals are the same. Without this collective knowledge this hobby would be impossible for a newbie like myself.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!, Nice Runner, good luck on your search for a body shop.

Welcome to our humble little site. Plenty of good folk here and a lot of good info. I'm in SoCal also, just a little south of you. Sorry I can't recommend any body shops at the moment though.

Welcome to the madness ! You want to pick a good shop to do that window rust repair, do to the shape it is a bit tricky.

Auto Transport Service
Back