• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOT MINE (CL). 1970 426 Hemi A833 18 spline manual transmission - $1500 (Islip)

NJRR

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
@HEMI-ITIS This is in your neck of the woods !!!

https://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/d/west-sayville-hemi-a-spline-manual/6959560373.html

00x0x_fCOw340urUF_600x450.jpg

00x0x_fCOw340urUF_50x50c.jpg
00J0J_9Xd9fBOB83u_50x50c.jpg
00k0k_dc2aKh6NnpV_50x50c.jpg
00v0v_1U2kx4W0XZc_50x50c.jpg
01616_fbegrufwZxK_50x50c.jpg
00G0G_eUSvlzPCHVo_50x50c.jpg
00d0d_6dKTcpmxh66_50x50c.jpg
00y0y_2GYjGf1ghJK_50x50c.jpg
00W0W_1Ghw5kugQYq_50x50c.jpg
00D0D_c3wi5fNVF6W_50x50c.jpg
01212_19s744y30I5_50x50c.jpg
00s0s_3bRBKBjcsq8_50x50c.jpg

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: Mopar dodge Plymouth Hemi
model name / number: A833

1970 Hemi 18 spline A833 manual transmission
August 1969 build date code (Day 2944 is Tuesday, August 19, 1969)
Early 1970 VIN (0A132538) so correct for range of August - December build 1970 model year Hemi or six pack car
‘0A’ VIN prefix Lynch Road, B Body tail shaft
6 bolt flywheel included V code 440 6 pack
Earlier steel bell housing included
Includes shifter and rods (no shift handle / pistol grip)
Includes fork, throw out bearing and z bar
Mechanically perfect working condition, was removed for Tremec 5 speed conversion
Priced to sell at 1500 for transmission, flywheel, bellhousing, shifter/rods, z bar and clutch fork / throw out bearing

Sure wish I was closer to that one!

Sure wish I was closer to that one!

If the guy will ship, Fedex and UPS weight limits are 150 pounds and the interweb says it's 135, so it would take two boxes. Add another $150 to the purchase price.

From where I am, in the long run, cheaper just to buy a new one from Brewers. Great deal for someone close though.
We just made a run this past weekend to pick up a used one for my son's A body. (Not 18 spline though)
$600.

If any of you guys want that package,I bet shipping through fastenal on a skid would be $150ish

That's a pretty darn good deal (provided it doesn't turn out to be a pig in a poke). Crate that rascal up a la the "unnamed 4 speed king Ed doesn't recommend" like this:
passon transmission arrival 4-10-18.jpg
It can ship UPS "heavy" and runs like $110 - and the unit stands a lot less chance of damage in transit.

In regards to fetching a "fresh" (ain't no such thing as "new") 18 spline from Dan Brewer, you all know how much I love what he does - but know that he's about 3 months behind on shipping that unit these days.
Priority there for completed rebuilds goes to inclusion in his complete conversion "kits" first.
He still insists on doing the work himself and I can't fault him for that.

That's a pretty darn good deal (provided it doesn't turn out to be a pig in a poke). Crate that rascal up a la the "unnamed 4 speed king Ed doesn't recommend" like this:
View attachment 820475
It can ship UPS "heavy" and runs like $110 - and the unit stands a lot less chance of damage in transit.

In regards to fetching a "fresh" (ain't no such thing as "new") 18 spline from Dan Brewer, you all know how much I love what he does - but know that he's about 3 months behind on shipping that unit these days.
Priority there for completed rebuilds goes to inclusion in his complete conversion "kits" first.
He still insists on doing the work himself and I can't fault him for that.
That looks good if it were tans only.With that package me thinks it's better on a pallet.
Last time I shipped a pair of iron hemi heads I boxed them and went to Fastenal, it turned out to be less strapping on a pallet.Boxes were 60lbs Each:screwy:

That looks good if it were tans only.With that package me thinks it's better on a pallet.
Last time I shipped a pair of iron hemi heads I boxed them and went to Fastenal, it turned out to be less strapping on a pallet.Boxes were 60lbs Each:screwy:
When it comes to these transmissions, I can certainly endorse Passon's…..

...crates. :)

If the guy will ship, Fedex and UPS weight limits are 150 pounds and the interweb says it's 135, so it would take two boxes. Add another $150 to the purchase price.
Lol on shipping one of these on anything short of a pallet... it would arrive in multiple pieces!

I ship
Lol on shipping one of these on anything short of a pallet... it would arrive in multiple pieces!

I ship at least a half dozen transmissions a year, never used a pallet. With this package, I would consider Fastenal and a pallet, but most people want it to their door, they don't want to go pick it up.

I ship

I ship at least a half dozen transmissions a year, never used a pallet. With this package, I would consider Fastenal and a pallet, but most people want it to their door, they don't want to go pick it up.
It wouldn’t take much of a drop to bust the front bearing retainer on a cast iron 4spd. I wouldn’t want to deal with that as a buyer or seller. Not the carriers fault in my book if it’s not shipped on a pallet.

Auto Transport Service
Back